HOME SECURITY CAM - What do You Use?

Okay, so I got my eufy 4G LTE S330 cam and set it up at our Tin Camp a little over a week and while it seems to work well, have a good picture, very nice zoom and can rotate 360 around... it's AI seems to be a bit stupid :rolleyes:

While I have no doubts it'll pick up humans or vehicles moving around, it completely disregards big ass elk walking right in front of it. And, I know this only because I have our Tactacam game cam still setup there and it sees and records them just fine.
IMG_2582.jpeg

What's really annoying is that the cam will send me all kind of alerts and record trees in the far distance moving in the wind :rolleyes:
IMG_2583.png

Anyway, I know this eufy cam is a 'security camera' and not a 'game camera' and the AI exists to prevent hits it determines to be unnecessary but I sure hope I can find a way to get the AI to alert and record more stuff. I know there are adjustments I can make to it and I'm hoping to find a solution. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experiences up until now.

Okay, so I got my eufy 4G LTE S330 cam and set it up at our Tin Camp a little over a week and while it seems to work well, have a good picture, very nice zoom and can rotate 360 around... it's AI seems to be a bit stupid :rolleyes:

While I have no doubts it'll pick up humans or vehicles moving around, it completely disregards big ass elk walking right in front of it. And, I know this only because I have our Tactacam game cam still setup there and it sees and records them just fine.
View attachment 407640

What's really annoying is that the cam will send me all kind of alerts and record trees in the far distance moving in the wind :rolleyes:
View attachment 407641

Anyway, I know this eufy cam is a 'security camera' and not a 'game camera' and the AI exists to prevent hits it determines to be unnecessary but I sure hope I can find a way to get the AI to alert and record more stuff. I know there are adjustments I can make to it and I'm hoping to find a solution. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experiences up until now.
Note to self, dress as an elk when you break into tin camp.

View attachment 407640

View attachment 407641

Having overlapping systems is never a bad thing. This happens at my house, one camera system will pick up something and another camera will not.

I share your frustration with moving vegetation, animals, and insects. There are hours of video of trees swaying. I have a deer that likes to lick the cameras at night. I had a bug land on a camera, then a moment later a bird swooped in and ate the bug, pretty entertaining at times.

Having overlapping systems is never a bad thing. This happens at my house, one camera system will pick up something and another camera will not.

I share your frustration with moving vegetation, animals, and insects. There are hours of video of trees swaying. I have a deer that likes to lick the cameras at night. I had a bug land on a camera, then a moment later a bird swooped in and ate the bug, pretty entertaining at times.
I was so hopeful that the eufy cam was going to be so much better that I could retire the game cam but now I'm glad I decided to keep it going. Even with it, I get the hours of nothing that gets recorded but at least it doesn't have an AI that decides what worth recording and it WILL record everything.

I was so hopeful that the eufy cam was going to be so much better that I could retire the game cam but now I'm glad I decided to keep it going. Even with it, I get the hours of nothing that gets recorded but at least it doesn't have an AI that decides what worth recording and it WILL record everything.
Bummer to hear. I've been eyeing this one since the thread started.

Bummer to hear. I've been eyeing this one since the thread started.
Well, I would still say you should consider it but not to replace your game cam. I still like it enough that I bought another one for our Pizen property. There, I'll just be using it as a security cam.

Top Bottom