CHECK IT OUT - New Forum Features!!

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE 4.2 :clap2:
Hey everybody, we've just finished making an update to the forum software and, in addition to speeding things up considerably, I wanted to let you know about some of the cool new features we now have and you can see them highlighted below:

Activity Stream
The "What's New?" tab at the top of the forum will now take you to the new Activity Stream which highlights new posts, new articles, and recently uploaded gallery photos as well as recent activity on the Project-JK Facebook fan page.

main.php

Photo Gallery
The "Gallery" tab link at the top will take you to all member photo galleries. You can also add your own gallery. :yup:

main.php

Articles
While this section is not new, it has been updated to run much faster! Also it is no longer the home page and can now be accessed via the "Articles" tab.

main.php

My Rig
We have added a new tab under your profile called "My Rig." Please take a moment to enter in all the specs of your current off-road vehicle. :)

main.php

Mobile Friendly Skin
This is a new lite skin for mobile users who do not want to use the app. Scroll down to the bottom of the forum and use the "Style Chooser" to select "WAYALIFE Mobile."

main.php

Mobile Skin on the iPad
The new Mobile skin works great on the iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices.

main.php

Write-Ups are formatted for the screen on both the iPad and iPhone and are easy to scroll through.

main.php

The Menu button at the top right allows easy access to what's new, private messages, articles and more. To get back to the default skin just click on the "Full Site" link at the bottom of the page.

main.php

Mechengineer2

I noticed the difference pulling up Wayalife.com on my Droid. Loads nicely and works well. No issues on my end. Great upgrades!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Noticed. Like it. Like the link to project-jk. Paving the way to a wayalife.com window sticker perhaps? If so, I am in. ;)

DA RUNT

Sweet, love the new features and loads quicker. Now all the pictures seem to be loading on my Droid also. Wasn't able to see some pics before :idontknow:

Serg5000

You guys kick ass. I just uploaded pics in no time. Thank you for making this site so user friendly.

Henney13

Wayalife Forum vs. Project JK forum

Just curious as to why the two diffident forums? is there a content difference?

DA RUNT

Henney13 said:

I like both forums, but this one for me is easier to keep up with. A lot of great info on both sites I take advantage of, but again this one having less members just makes it easier for me to read all the postings. Even found another member right down the street from me I'll be wheelin with when he gets back from Afghanistan, Howzit Christian keep your head down brah!
My .02 :clap:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you all like the updates we've made. :cool:

JK-Forum is a Jeep JK Wrangler specific forum and for the most part, geared for discussion of it only. WAYALIFE is actually a site that we've actually had for a long time, way longer than JK-Forum althought it was more of a blog with a primary focus on the Jeep way of life (adventures, trips, destinations, good times and good friends). This is really what Cindy and I are the most passionate about (more than a specific vehicle or model) and coupled with our new love for making videos, we decided to make this place into a forum for those who share in that passion. :)

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear you all like the updates we've made. :cool:

JK-Forum is a Jeep JK Wrangler specific forum and for the most part, geared for discussion of it only. WAYALIFE is actually a site that we've actually had for a long time, way longer than JK-Forum althought it was more of a blog with a primary focus on the Jeep way of life (adventures, trips, destinations, good times and good friends). This is really what Cindy and I are the most passionate about (more than a specific vehicle or model) and coupled with our new love for making videos, we decided to make this place into a forum for those who share in that passion. :)

ah, I was wondering this same exact thing. Thanks for the clarification! :thumb:

Smizar

I have a old cj and a jk, its nice to have one place to talk about both rigs without having to bounce from one forum to another...

SoCalDozer

This site has given me a whole new incite on this lifestyle. I know its not about where you live but when I moved to SoCal a year ago it changed everything for me. It's just amazing out here and the jeep lifestyle
is here to stay for me. I just cant wait to go out on some real adventures with you guys.
Best place I have been to so far is ocotillo wells and that is fun but I like a variety.

Top Bottom