NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots & Production Dates

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Curious to hear all of your educated guesses...you've seen the camo and the general shape......do you guys think the front bumper, rear bumper, and rock sliders of JKs will fit on the new JL? (more specifically, do you think all the aftermarket stuff will fit) It seems that they kept the parts basically the same almost everywhere.

vgullotta

Curious to hear all of your educated guesses...you've seen the camo and the general shape......do you guys think the front bumper, rear bumper, and rock sliders of JKs will fit on the new JL? (more specifically, do you think all the aftermarket stuff will fit) It seems that they kept the parts basically the same almost everywhere.

Interesting thought. Would be an awesome move if they did. Would mean all those companies wouldn't have to charge a premium to cover all the R&D on their new products. Should shine a light on which brands are out to gouge you and which are not looking to rip you off.

BobNH

Interesting thought. Would be an awesome move if they did. Would mean all those companies wouldn't have to charge a premium to cover all the R&D on their new products. Should shine a light on which brands are out to gouge you and which are not looking to rip you off.

Catch 22, as that would also mean those same parts won't go down in price for JK owners. So my hopes are for numerous little changes that keep the integrity but change the patterns. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am in Oroville, CA currently for work training. Saw them driving through town. Set of two of them.

No kidding - hmmm. I was half hoping you'd say they were up around Sacramento as that would suggest they're here to do some Rubicon testing :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
No kidding - hmmm. I was half hoping you'd say they were up around Sacramento as that would suggest they're here to do some Rubicon testing :yup:

Maybe they are taking a road trip first. I mean, the JL can't be a trailer queen out the box right? [emoji6][emoji23]

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Chrysler is probably killing the foldable windshield for good. After reading all the issues associated with folding the JK's I never even tried that on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just did it for the first time due to a nut on the backside of the windshield hinge breaking loose. It was a lot of steps. Def not practical to do often.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh nice i know exactly were they are and they were testing last week up at the Rubicon after all the Jamboree people got out kinda nice having property right next to there.

mastrcruse

Just saw this on Facebook. Actually looks really nice if this is really it. Has this photo surfaced before?

The post references "automobile magazine" as the publisher.

Attachments

• IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Just saw this on Facebook. Actually looks really nice if this is really it. Has this photo surfaced before?

The post references "automobile magazine" as the publisher.

That looks like it. I don't think that's the safari concept

Edit: nevermind, I think it is

Norsfyr

There they are: edited

Last edited by a moderator:

wjtstudios

Hooked

At a gas station of all places I starting talking to an engineer that has been working on the "power top" for the JL. He says it will be an option along with a full fiberglass hard top and the soft top versions. I started to press him for more details and he didn't want say much more. I wanted to know if the power top would be removable, but he wouldn't answer that question. But he works for a fiberglass engineering company and did say that it would be made out of fiberglass so I would think it is a removable piece verse the way that the liberty was built out of a steel frame. But this may put to bed the notion of the integral roll cage direction and the tops may be similar to the JK. The only other thing that he said is that the entire platform is running behind and he did not know of a launch date as of yet. Interesting though!!

Top Bottom