Superduty axle swap on a jku

madstiles

(Stock tooth count / new tooth count) * gear ratio

You can do the same for the tire count and it should get you close but I highly recommend using a gps source to confirm.

When you change tone ring tooth counts, you have to manually adjust your measurement. Programmer will indeed program it in but it will not be your real size as the gear ratio change, changes the reading.
You mean abs tone ring? I'm confused lol when you change gear ratio I thought all you need to do is program it into the computer or is it different because of axle swap? I haven't done it but plan a gear and axle swap in the future is why I ask. Thanks for info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkugeza

Ok, lemme start from the top.

Front:
breather bung.
front axle tube seals.
mill knuckle for steering arm.
abs sensors from dodge ram.
Yoke
Driveshaft
Teraflex brake line anchor kit

Rear:
breather bung.
98" e-brake cables for F-250 super duty.
rear hub seals(inner/outer)
Yoke
Driveshaft

Misc:
Master cyl. part number correct, but will need a secondary reservoir if you have manual trans.
RUFFSTUFF 7/8 heim steering. call request longer tie rod dom.

I think that's all I can remember at the moment.
Balde, can you get me a part number for the f250 brake cable if you know it?

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blade

Balde, can you get me a part number for the f250 brake cable if you know it?

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

For the 04- use AC Delco 18P2524
For the 05+ use ACDELCO 18P96920

The 05+ is a little longer, but desired length is between 90-100 inches on a JKU. For a JK, I'm not sure what the stock lengths of the cables are, but you want to get a cable for the truck your axle came from with about 12-16 inches more length. This also allows you to put the cables through the factory cable bracket(curly g rods above axle) that most of us stopped using when we put our first lift kit on. The grommets that are at the floor board will have to be removed from the stock cables and moved over too the new ones, It is very tight, but they do come off and go back on. Also, the spring that comes on the new cable that goes near the hub will need to be removed and discarded. This doesn't cause any problems, but there is no clearance with the artec brackets to fit it in.

Walker4rc

I just finished up my swap. I used 06 Ford F-350 SRW axles. Ended up needing quite a few other things. Jeep was down for about 2 months. Now I just have to figure out what to do about the frame side track bar bracket in the front. It sits about 2 inches away from my front diff housing giving me almost no up travel on the driver's front.

View attachment 242129 View attachment 242130 View attachment 242131 View attachment 242132 View attachment 242133
Did you have to change your fuel tank with their kit? I've seen some front track bar brackets that move the frame mount to help with clearance for up travel.

Sent from my LGL722DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom