Rock lights!!! Let's see em if ya got em!!

Mikecal9985

So I've been wanting some rock lights, but like everything else, there are a million different brands and this and that. Just going for looks mostly and if I need them, I have them. Not looking to spend a ton of money on them, so keep that in mind lol. So if you have pics, post them and tell us all what brand you chose!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

20161208_192422.jpg

Lux rock lights american made in Oregon. Magnets are very strong. Come in different sizes and colors. Look so good made the guy in upper left corner look😆

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I went with the LUX kit as well, which they even have a brighter option now than what I have. Pics dont really show it, but it is much whiter and brighter than the one I will dig up. For me, the magnetic mounting was the biggest thing I wanted since they are so easy to mount. I have yet to use them on the trail, but if you need to check out anything under the jeep when its dark, they come in super handy.

IMG_5651.jpg
IMG_5648.jpg

Last edited:

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I too went with the Wal~Mart lights a couple years ago. Worked great and a very cheap mod. They didn't however last very long and one by one started to go out. Swapped a couple new ones in here and there, but gave up after a year. They get hot, on a cool night in the desert you can see the heat emitting from them. And they let the dirt and grime in fairly quickly. Also, I had 6 wired up and they draw quite a bit of power.

Last year, I went with the LUX lights. Terrible customer service, but a decent product and a great value even at their price point. Had one out of the box that was intermittent (they replaced it) and I crushed one. I'll just buy another set of 4 to replace that one and have spares. Their warranty/return process is too long. Im running 12 of the original Max's underneath, they've since upgraded to a circuit board.

69620027-E155-4C32-9E1A-9F8AEA37B1B5_zps4skypqj4.jpg
86813b2985e62a43389b0d50896653ce_zpsvde0v2wg.jpg
CEFC1430-5BD6-430E-B1DD-537C6C67070F_zps48iamadu.jpg

tgoss

Amazon 6 pack of leds for $50 plus some old Brabus puddle lights in each wheel well from an old Mercedes project I never finished.

IMG_1604.jpg

Sullivan

IMG_2723.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0195.jpg
Lux lights. 4 blue and 8 white. Hands down the best rock lights. These have taken a beating. And the best part is the magnetic mount. I can pop one off and move it to an area I need to work on if needed to see at night.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

I have the Lux lights. I dont regret installing them.. but they are the one thing on my Jeep that is definitely overkill. :D

IMG_1382.jpg

Top Bottom