Which tires should I get?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Pro Comp Mt2 comes with a 40,000 mileage warranty. What can I expect out of the others? I only get 20,000 out of mtrs and bfgs.

What kind of warranty can you expect to get out of others? If it were me, I would just pay a few bucks more and have road hazard added to the tires you buy.

That being said, I would NOT recommend MTR's as they are probably the WORST tire I have ever run. Couldn't balance them worth anything, they had weak side walls, tracked funny on the highway and were unpredictable on the rocks. BFGs are good tires that will wear like iron (I found I'd get about 60K out of a set) but their sidewalls are on the weak side and something to consider depending on the trails you play on. ProComp MT2's are nice and I found them to hook up well on the rocks but also found them to chunk big time and wear out fast. I don't think I was able to get more than 20-25k before I was wanting a new set.

JAGS

Hooked
The Pro Comp Mt2 comes with a 40,000 mileage warranty. What can I expect out of the others? I only get 20,000 out of mtrs and bfgs.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've got 45k on my trail grapplers. They are chunked up quite a bit or I could easily get another 5-10k out of them.

I just bought my second set because I know what life expectancy I get from them.

I've gotten some pretty good numbers out of Trail Grapplers. I got almost 40k miles out of a set of 37s were rode HARD but rotated with every oil change. I would think you'd get better than 20k out of BFGs! My experience with Pro Comps is that they will have tread for a long time but wear poorly. That was a long time ago though, so maybe someone else on here has experience with their newer offerings.

LittleWilly

The more I research the Cooper STT Pro the more I like them. 295/70/17's with some Spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers and my Tera Flex 2.5 inch BB and I should have no worries for a while.
Was gonna go with some 5100's in the spring because shock extensions just seem wrong to me.

gheller

The more I research the Cooper STT Pro the more I like them. 295/70/17's with some Spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers and my Tera Flex 2.5 inch BB and I should have no worries for a while.
Was gonna go with some 5100's in the spring because shock extensions just seem wrong to me.

This is what I have, except I'm on an AEV 2" BB.
I like this setup, rides very well (very much like stock). I will be adding Rancho 9000xl's in the near future.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I think you'd be really happy with the Coopers. So far, I have found that I like them way more than the Trail Grapplers I had been running. They hook up better on the rocks, can be had with a higher load range and most of all, they don't have the crazy strong radial pull to the left.

As far as shock extensions go, there's nothing really "wrong" with them per se. If you do a lot of fast and hard driving in the desert, you can bend them but for most people, they work fine and they're cheap. Of course, new shocks would be a better way to go if it's in your budget. That being said, I might recommend a set of Rancho 7000's instead of the Bilstein 5100. I have run both and can tell you that both are similar in how they perform only, the Ranchos are more affordable. Just a thought.

5280Sapper

Second the Coopers. have them in 35's balanced well drive great on the hard stuff does 100 mph still no issues. outstanding off road and great in the snow.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

LOL yup.. my favorite part was this!!!!
url.jpg

I googled RLTW and this is what came up. This is what happens when you leave a bunch of Rangers a weekend off with some video cameras and PhotoShop.

https://youtu.be/k6MF-Xi3BjE

Top Bottom