VIDEO - MOBY in MOAB : Pritchett Canyon Jeep Trail / ROCKER KNOCKER

jeeeep

Hooked
that was awesome! that run is on my list for next year, i'll remember this approach :thumb:

watching those other 2 was :eek: I wouldn't want to slide across especially with the lean on the downhill side...I like how the spotter on the rollover kept yelling slower as the Jeep flopped over :doh:

Journeyman

Awesome! Totally thought the firestik snapped when the video switched to the rear angle. Big hit for sure, but way better than that jacked crab walk route!

Damtall55

Definitely a HUGE pucker watching that tire come up that high off the ground!! But Cindy made it look easy!! Great driving Cindy!! Can I try that in your Jeep, because mine doesn't have that kind of power or wheel size!! ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Had trouble with the app yesterday and finally watched this. I bet that was a sight to see in person. No matter how good the video, it never does it justice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, watching the different videos I'm trying to figure out why the hell anyone would want to crab walk at it. I know Cindy made it look "easy", but I'd way rather take something straight on than teetering off camber.

You and me both. That why I had Cindy take this line. Of course, she agreed this was the better way to go and knew exactly what to do. :yup:

Wow. Sweet clip for sure. Thanks for sharing.

I love watching Moby in action. Great driving Cindy!

Nice job, You made that look easy.

Glad you enjoyed the clip :cool:

Wow and Impressed -> Fearless Cindy!!! :clap2: I wonder if you ever tried use your other jeep (Rubicat) on this same trail in past or not have to chance?

No, haven't done it in Rubicat but hope to someday soon.

that was awesome! that run is on my list for next year, i'll remember this approach :thumb:

watching those other 2 was :eek: I wouldn't want to slide across especially with the lean on the downhill side...I like how the spotter on the rollover kept yelling slower as the Jeep flopped over :doh:

And honestly, that's what I dislike about that method the most. When in doubt, you can't throttle out or else you'll flop. Hit the brakes and you flop. I personally prefer to have a bit more control than that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Totally thought the firestik snapped when the video switched to the rear angle. Big hit for sure, but way better than that jacked crab walk route!

LOL!! That's what a quality set of rocker guards are for. Looking at them after the fact, you can't hardly tell there was a hit at all. :yup:

Definitely a HUGE pucker watching that tire come up that high off the ground!! But Cindy made it look easy!! Great driving Cindy!! Can I try that in your Jeep, because mine doesn't have that kind of power or wheel size!! ;)

LOL!! While tire size and power can help, they aren't what'll get you up and in this way - COMMITMENT and MOMENTUM will. cozdude made it up on this same line and he's just running 35" tires on his 2-door and with just a 3.6L motor. :yup:

Guess I'll need a little more than 1.5" lift on the Renegade! ~ JimO

:cheesy:

Had trouble with the app yesterday and finally watched this. I bet that was a sight to see in person. No matter how good the video, it never does it justice.

Funny how that is but even with the 2 camera angles, yeah, I don't think it really does it justice.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I actually think the tire lift looks worse in the video than it did when we were there.

Cool video, thanks for sharing!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually think the tire lift looks worse in the video than it did when we were there.

Cool video, thanks for sharing!

Funny you should say as much because I totally agree. In fact, I can see you standing in the background and you don't even bat an eye when it happens. :crazyeyes:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sweet video, thanks for sharing!

I definitely like the line you all chose compared to those others. I felt like that other line is a set up for a flop.

Journeyman

I've been on the fence about Evo rocker guards due to having to weld them onto the frame. Deal sealed now after taking that hit [emoji123]🏼

Strainger

Caught the Bug
That was just insane. When I saw Cindy take that obstacle as if she was valet parking Moby in a crowded multi-level garage, I had to gulp my heart back down from my throat. Experience, quality machine, good line and great spotter all came together for the perfect storm. Team Wayalife rocks!

Killer-JK

I was being sarcastic. I love when dbags post video links and tell people how they should do it.

My post said "Nice to see some use of momentum as a different approach... Excellent Driving, very well done! :thumb:" but I guess that's what dbags say? Seriously, You are the most negative person I've run into on the forum.

I was just showing people that may not have been to this obstacle how people get through typically and how easy it can be to fail. I didn't say anybody did anything wrong, in fact, I complimented her, you need to chill out!

Anyway, She did awesome and I was glad to see a new way through the obstacle that I haven't seen before.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My post said "Nice to see some use of momentum as a different approach... Excellent Driving, very well done! :thumb:" but I guess that's what dbags say? Seriously, You are the most negative person I've run into on the forum.

I was just showing people that may not have been to this obstacle how people get through typically and how easy it can be to fail. I didn't say anybody did anything wrong, in fact, I complimented her, you need to chill out!

Anyway, She did awesome and I was glad to see a new way through the obstacle that I haven't seen before.

My apologies. I missed where Eddie asked for someone to post videos of other people doing it and how it can be done.

GraniteCrystal

Normally that line on Rocker Knocker is crawled in the JK, you tip toe through it, slipping sideways until you reach the ledge on the far left, at the brink of rolling over the whole time. It can get pretty sketchy for sure and there is no easy way to save it if you start to go over (maybe covering reverse).

There is a thin line between Success and Failure...

Success

Failure

Nice to see some use of momentum as a different approach... Excellent Driving, very well done! :thumb:

That fail video is one of my favorites. I actually sent it to a friend the other day as a good example of bad coaching. Didn't know you can slide up that obstacle to the left to make it up. Thanks for sharing the success video of someone actually doing that approach and it working.

Top Bottom