Leaf Spring Question

94YJBeaver

So I have a 94 YJ which is sprung under and i was out on some moderate trails yesterday and was doing what flexing that I can do and started hearing a pop...It sounded like it was in my front end...would or could it be a front spring or maybe a bushing??

Thanks David

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
could be some shifting in your wraps but, i would be such a bad idea to give your shackel bushings a look. are they still stock or aftermarket?

94YJBeaver

They are after market BUT they are the 1.5" lift shackles, and the leaf springs are...Well who knows how old...I am thinking that I am going to order a set of R.E. 4.5" springs and get rid of the lift shackle business...Have you hear anything about the Teraflex revolver shackles??

could be some shifting in your wraps but, i would be such a bad idea to give your shackel bushings a look. are they still stock or aftermarket?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They are after market BUT they are the 1.5" lift shackles, and the leaf springs are...Well who knows how old...I am thinking that I am going to order a set of R.E. 4.5" springs and get rid of the lift shackle business...Have you hear anything about the Teraflex revolver shackles??

well, i'd double check the torque on those bolts as they may have come loose and just shifting around. unfortunately, i have no experience with the revolver shackles. sorry.

93whore

I have a ton of parts that would get your rig sprung over... Was gonna do the soa but am doing links instead.... After buying the parts...

Top Bottom