2012 Jeep JK Wrangler 3.6L V6 Pentastar Engine Oil Change Write-Up

RamP

Great write up as always.
Are there torque specs for the drain plug on re-install?
Also is there a crush washer for the plug at all that should be changed with every service?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great write up as always.
Are there torque specs for the drain plug on re-install?
Also is there a crush washer for the plug at all that should be changed with every service?

NO crush washer and, while I'm sure there is a torque spec for the plug, it can't be very much. I would just tighten it good by hand and call it a day.

Mando

You can't go wrong with this write-up. If I did it, any one can do it. This is my first post, so I'll contribute by adding that I used a 24mm socket to remove the filter ... I just found it easier this way.

Cheers!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377309918.542533.jpg

JKWrang

Not sure if its the same in the '12 + but on the 07-11 you turn the key to the acc position and press the gas pedal 3 x.:thumb:

DCR JEEP

Sweet thanks guys, mine has been on since the dealer did the last one! Doing it myself from now on.

Your welcome. Yeah I use to get free oil changes but just used up all 4, so time to do them myself. Another thing what my dealer told me is to keep all receipts of the oil changes just in case anything happens they have a history of oil changes cause there is none on the computer.

Cajun JK

Stupid reply but I did not know the oil filter was on top. I guess that shows I need to start changing my own oil, now that I have to pay.

dglangan

Stupid reply but I did not know the oil filter was on top. I guess that shows I need to start changing my own oil, now that I have to pay.

When it was time to change my oil for the first time on my 3.6, my friend and I spent 5 minutes under the Jeep looking for where Chrysler hid the filter outside of autozone. I really hope no other Jeeper saw us.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i guess wix changed the part number for their filter. the new number is #57526. has a new end cap with a free floating bypass valve.

ghost13

i picked up my 2014...dealer was giving free oil changes and inspections for as long as you own it....lolol.....are they in for a rude awakening since i drove my last jeep for 24 years hahahahahahahaha.........:bleh:

BigJeschke

Just a heads up, Fram CH11665 oil filters are $6.44 each on amazon right now. I bought 3 for my 2014. Much better than the $16.99ea that Autozone wanted.

Kalums

Ok so i was told by the mech @ the dealership all the 2013 and on have a sensor and it will "tell" you when the oil needs to be changed. Is this true?

Top Bottom