Whiskey of the Day

Wow! Farmstock beat out all the others for you? Boss Hog all the way for me. Followed by the 12 year and then any of the 10 year barrel picks. The boss hog this year was fantastic but at 400 buck a bottle it’s a hard pass unless your a total geek about whiskey.

Looking at the selection looks like your in good company! lol Never tried a barrel pick of the Old World yet. Would be awesome to do a side by side of the two there.

Just goes to show everyone has their own flavor profile they enjoy. I poured a bottle of Farmstock down the drain I hated it so much. lol

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lol. Whiskey is a lot like Jeeps...the best is what you like, not what costs the most or what everyone else likes. My tastes certainly are different than a lot of other people’s and, quite honestly, single barrel Jack Daniel’s is still probably my favorite whiskey of all. ;)

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. Price means nothing with whiskey. A staple in my house are single barrel Knob Creek’s and Henry McKenna bottled in bond. Sub 30 bucks that can go toe to toe with any top shelf bottle.

Andy5160

Hooked
It finishes with some heat, which is to be expected with the higher alcohol content. For my tastes, the Farmstock is the best of all of the Pigs, followed by the Boss Hog.

Sounds good!!! Reading down the best one is in fact the one you enjoy the most regardless of the price tag:))

Coop

Caught the Bug
One of the bourbons I like! Smooth wonderful smokey flavor with a great after taste! Tiny brewery in NYC. IMG_1321.jpg
Don’t have to pay a fortune for great taste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MTG

Caught the Bug
This was being pushed hard over the last week. Have to say it is much better than regular Jameson. Much smoother.

IMG_4742.jpg

If you like IPA and like whiskey...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Lol. Whiskey is a lot like Jeeps...the best is what you like, not what costs the most or what everyone else likes. My tastes certainly are different than a lot of other people’s and, quite honestly, single barrel Jack Daniel’s is still probably my favorite whiskey of all. ;)
Sharkey, after reading this post I thought you would appreciate this.

Back when I was in grad school at Purdue a local bar had a meet the distiller night for the introduction of Jack Daniels Single Barrel. The distiller was there and signing bottles, you could also buy a whole barrel which they would burn your name into and deliver to your house. That was 2004... some 14 years later I still have the bottle. Bought 4 that night and had the others signed to friends for their birthdays.

This bottle has been refilled a few times over the years but a pretty cool memento.

20180318_213848.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
This was being pushed hard over the last week. Have to say it is much better than regular Jameson. Much smoother.

View attachment 296756

If you like IPA and like whiskey...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Bought a bottle of the Stout edition for St Paddy's day. Found it for $19 at our local Target. Couldn't really taste the stout but it was a lot smoother than the regular and was easily sipped on. Made a couple car bombs with it too...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom