Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

FallonJeeper

I have a Masterbuilt electric smoker with a remote.
My favorite is tri-tip. Pierce the meat and insert garlic slices. Rub is just salt and pepper. Put in a zip lock bag and refrigerate over night. Remove from fridge a couple hours before smoking.
Set smoker to 185 and smoke with hickory chips for 3 to 4 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Ahhhh that looks good. Looks like a trip to academy this week. Any advantage to buying the one with Bluetooth and the window? Or just keep it simple with the base model?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JJP

20170630_193107.jpg 20170630_201439.jpg 20170701_131059.jpg 20170701_131104.jpg

Just did a pork butt, came out great! I like smoking meats old school, I use a smokey mountain webber. This smoke was mostly apple wood chunks mixed with a liitle mesquite. About 14 hours. Brought it to 170 then wrapped it. Back on the smoker to 185 pulled it and into a cooler covered in rags and let it rest for about an hour before woofing it down. Made for some awesome pulled pork tacos.[emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Everything looks great. Those wings Et. [emoji106]. Making me want to get a smoker. Haven't had one since I lived at home.

Chris1015

Over the weekend my dad and I googled Myron Mixons bbq sauce recipe and it worked out well. He's got a restaurant in Wrigley area in Chicago that has best pulled pork I've ever ate in my life. The sauce we made wasn't the same but Was a nice at home thing for a first try.

Discount Tire

I was visiting family in Truckee, CA recently and my cousin whipped up some ribs in his home built smoker. He has a Rotisserie that fits on top for smoking whole pigs; I need a rig like this!

20170624_135502_zpsjiyj0vbh.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom