Big Bear Lake, California May 9 - 11, 2013

jelliott076

I say this on the Jeep website of all places. It sounds like there's a group meeting at Hanna Flats Campground. Is anyone from the forum getting involved in this or have any more information? It sounds like a fun one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Jeep Jamboree and it should be noted that it does cost money to attend. Adults are $205.00 each, children 6-12 are $95.00 and kids under 6 are free. They do also offer a family plan for two adults and two children for $500.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
We have never paid to run trails and I don't think we are going to start now. Too many other opportunities to wheel these same trails with great people from this Forum and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to do it. If you want I will shoot you a PM next time we are headed to the big bear area.

Steel Rain

This is the Jeep Jamboree and it should be noted that it does cost money to attend. Adults are $205.00 each, children 6-12 are $95.00 and kids under 6 are free. They do also offer a family plan for two adults and two children for $500.

Not to mention the fact that the mountain as well as most of the popular trails (John Bull, Gold Mountain, Holcomb Creek and White Mountain) are like sitting in L.A. rush hour traffic.:cool:

jelliott076

Good info Eddie! Thanks much. For the cost in fuel alone we could put together a fairly awesome trip to ...elswhere.

jelliott076

We have never paid to run trails and I don't think we are going to start now. Too many other opportunities to wheel these same trails with great people from this Forum and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to do it. If you want I will shoot you a PM next time we are headed to the big bear area.

I would never pay to run a free trail and I will be in Vegas the weekend before so ill have to work.

..Yeah, I'm not going to pay for something we all enjoy for free.

I would wait and maybe get a forum run together. Why pay when you can spend that money on other things

This is a good plan! The money you'd spend could get us somewhere pretty cool.

suicideking

What a rip off if they are charging per person and not even per Jeep!

I went to Forest Fest last year which is run by IE4W. They charge per Jeep, not per person. Plus it's only around $100 and includes dinner.

You can definitely run all the trails for free, but they have a great raffle afterwards also.

dgriz

I ran last years Big Bear JJUSA and had a great time and met some great people. However, the price is definitely the biggest down side to this. I'm done paying for awhile. At least until I'm ready to run the Rubicon. Then I might consider another paid trip (at least for my first time).

SoCalDozer

Don't forget about big bear Forest fest too. It's a organized run but a bit cheaper than that one. It's in June I believe

Top Bottom