Y'all are fucking stupid. Go fuck yourselves.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I only looked at this because it popped up at the top of the list. I read through the whole thing and I have a couple of questions. Just asking as a person on the outside looking in, not defending one side vs another.

When did he specifically say he was having it built for him with someone else's money? I just read he was building to raise awareness and the main question was hemi vs LS. I do believe if everyone just stuck to the engine swap question, this thread wouldn't have gotten out of control. People build vehicles, paint vehicles, build sculptures, get tattoos, etc., for various causes. If anything, it's a conversation starter if you see the vehicles.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, it's not cool to build any kind of vehicle to raise awareness to anything? Am I a tool for building a custom chopper in memory of my 4 yr old cousin who died from pediatric cancer and my father rode said chopper in every ride that the foundation in my cousin's name hosted, along with showing it in shows and going to other events with it? Will I be a bigger tool if I had a tribute to my older cousin who died in March from pancreatic cancer, whose son is being memorialized on the chopper, added to the chopper? Is the guy I met a bike show wrong for building a trike and having it painted in memory of the guys he served with who lost their lives in Vietnam wrong and stupid for doing that? The guy wasn't asking for donations, just wanted to pay tribute. And the bike itself was extremely cool to look at.

I'm not saying I fully understand PTSD, but being that my grandfather served in WWII and my uncle served in Vietnam, I can say there was a clear difference between how the 2 spoke about their experiences. My grandfather spoke about his time in the Philippines and Japan, but never got into detail (with me anyway) about battles or anything. My uncle on the other hand, I didn't realize he even served until maybe 5 years before he died. I didn't know he was awarded the bronze star until his funeral and I was pretty close to him, especially when we both got our motorcycle licenses and started riding. What I do know is everyone handles things differently, and unfortunately those who can't seem to be afraid to ask for help in fear of being called weak or a pussy. I do know some people use PTSD as a crutch like people scamming for disability or welfare and cast a dark shadow for those truly suffering from what they've been through. What category the OP falls into, I'm not sure. All I know is I would have gladly served except a back injury prevented me from doing so. My father responded to ground zero after 9/11 with an excavator to clean up the debris. I know he must have seen some disturbing things especially since he witnessed the entire attack from across the river. He's spoken about objects he found, intact wallets, a door to a plane but never the gruesome stuff. I couldn't begin to imagine what being there was like just like I can't begin to imagine what soldiers of every war in American history went through. To all of the WAYALIFE members and vets everywhere that fought for our country, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Anyway, again, I'm not taking sides, I can't take sides for anyone I don't know. I just mentioned my experiences with relatives who served, who they handled things, playing devil's advocate if you will and am trying to understand why everyone is hating on bringing awareness to anything, without the fighting, killing and rioting of course. I bet people on here hating on the fact he was building something to raise awareness for anything were the same people doing that damn ice buck challenge a couple of years ago instead of making a donation to ALS. I don't see a difference between the two other than maybe the rolling tribute would be a conversation starter and maybe people seeing it may want to help in some way in their community, whether cash donation, volunteer, etc.

The death threats the OP made to people in PM's was definitely out of line and inexcusable. It definitely didn't need to go there just like I don't understand why everyone was so bent on why he was building a jeep when the question at hand was on an engine and honestly, in my opinion, should have stayed there. I feel there's a bunch of people on here looking to start fights and I swear these are the same people from jersey Jeepers or related to them. I thought the jeep community was about helping others not attacking others because of why they are building something. Busting chops, I get and I'll do it to, but attacking someone over why they are building something, it really wasn't needed.

Last question, would all that started bashing the "cause", have done so face to face or was this a case of having a big set hiding behind the keyboard?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I didn't read your book because I don't have an entire day to waste but first, you realize this thread is 6 months old?

Second, nonprofits are not allowed in this forum and raising awareness is a fucking joke. Raising awareness is not a cause, and does absolutely nothing. Supporting a foundation or starting a foundation is a different story, not that I think any are really worth a shit anyway.

What else were you even rambling about?

gmag16

I didn't read your book because I don't have an entire day to waste but first, you realize this thread is 6 months old?

Second, nonprofits are not allowed in this forum and raising awareness is a fucking joke. Raising awareness is not a cause, and does absolutely nothing. Supporting a foundation or starting a foundation is a different story, not that I think any are really worth a shit anyway.

What else were you even rambling about?

If you really want to know what I said then read what I wrote.

Sorry my post cut into your previous time. You obviously had enough time to write a response though... [emoji848]

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I only looked at this because it popped up at the top of the list. I read through the whole thing and I have a couple of questions. Just asking as a person on the outside looking in, not defending one side vs another.

When did he specifically say he was having it built for him with someone else's money? I just read he was building to raise awareness and the main question was hemi vs LS. I do believe if everyone just stuck to the engine swap question, this thread wouldn't have gotten out of control. People build vehicles, paint vehicles, build sculptures, get tattoos, etc., for various causes. If anything, it's a conversation starter if you see the vehicles.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, it's not cool to build any kind of vehicle to raise awareness to anything? Am I a tool for building a custom chopper in memory of my 4 yr old cousin who died from pediatric cancer and my father rode said chopper in every ride that the foundation in my cousin's name hosted, along with showing it in shows and going to other events with it? Will I be a bigger tool if I had a tribute to my older cousin who died in March from pancreatic cancer, whose son is being memorialized on the chopper, added to the chopper? Is the guy I met a bike show wrong for building a trike and having it painted in memory of the guys he served with who lost their lives in Vietnam wrong and stupid for doing that? The guy wasn't asking for donations, just wanted to pay tribute. And the bike itself was extremely cool to look at.

I'm not saying I fully understand PTSD, but being that my grandfather served in WWII and my uncle served in Vietnam, I can say there was a clear difference between how the 2 spoke about their experiences. My grandfather spoke about his time in the Philippines and Japan, but never got into detail (with me anyway) about battles or anything. My uncle on the other hand, I didn't realize he even served until maybe 5 years before he died. I didn't know he was awarded the bronze star until his funeral and I was pretty close to him, especially when we both got our motorcycle licenses and started riding. What I do know is everyone handles things differently, and unfortunately those who can't seem to be afraid to ask for help in fear of being called weak or a pussy. I do know some people use PTSD as a crutch like people scamming for disability or welfare and cast a dark shadow for those truly suffering from what they've been through. What category the OP falls into, I'm not sure. All I know is I would have gladly served except a back injury prevented me from doing so. My father responded to ground zero after 9/11 with an excavator to clean up the debris. I know he must have seen some disturbing things especially since he witnessed the entire attack from across the river. He's spoken about objects he found, intact wallets, a door to a plane but never the gruesome stuff. I couldn't begin to imagine what being there was like just like I can't begin to imagine what soldiers of every war in American history went through. To all of the WAYALIFE members and vets everywhere that fought for our country, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Anyway, again, I'm not taking sides, I can't take sides for anyone I don't know. I just mentioned my experiences with relatives who served, who they handled things, playing devil's advocate if you will and am trying to understand why everyone is hating on bringing awareness to anything, without the fighting, killing and rioting of course. I bet people on here hating on the fact he was building something to raise awareness for anything were the same people doing that damn ice buck challenge a couple of years ago instead of making a donation to ALS. I don't see a difference between the two other than maybe the rolling tribute would be a conversation starter and maybe people seeing it may want to help in some way in their community, whether cash donation, volunteer, etc.

The death threats the OP made to people in PM's was definitely out of line and inexcusable. It definitely didn't need to go there just like I don't understand why everyone was so bent on why he was building a jeep when the question at hand was on an engine and honestly, in my opinion, should have stayed there. I feel there's a bunch of people on here looking to start fights and I swear these are the same people from jersey Jeepers or related to them. I thought the jeep community was about helping others not attacking others because of why they are building something. Busting chops, I get and I'll do it to, but attacking someone over why they are building something, it really wasn't needed.

Last question, would all that started bashing the "cause", have done so face to face or was this a case of having a big set hiding behind the keyboard?

You read it, so you see what happened. The OP was asked a question by a member, and it was a legitimate question. The OP went ballistic, on that member. In their back and forth, the OP eventually threatened a member with physical violence.

I was pretty nice to the guy, until he threatened me, too. If memory serves me, the OP even told a person he was police, and could find him, if he wanted to.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, you can build whatever you want, to raise awareness, however, I understand OverlanderJK's position. That position is, that the money spent could be used to donate to existing entities, that support PTSD.

These questions were asked, because we have had people join this forum, for the express purpose of asking for donations, to build a Jeep. If his only purpose here, was to beg for donations, then he is not welcome.

PTSD is real, and debilitating. My neighbor has it. I wonder if anyone would care, since it isn't service related?

The OP was a real asshole, and if you can't see that, maybe you came to Wayalife with a bias, expecting to find what they say about us on other forums. Oh, and yes...I'll say anything to your face, that I'd type here.

I'll leave you with this, in case you missed it...

IMG_9497.JPG

Last edited:

gmag16

You read it, so you see what happened. The OP was asked a question by a member, and it was a legitimate question. The OP went ballistic, on that member. In their back and forth, the OP eventually threatened a member with physical violence.

I was pretty nice to the guy, until he threatened me, too. If memory serves me, the OP even told a person he was police, and could find him, if he wanted to.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, you can build whatever you want, to raise awareness, however, I understand OverlanderJK's position. That position is, that the money spent could be used to donate to existing entities, that support PTSD.

These questions were asked, because we have had people join this forum, for the express purpose of asking for donations, to build a Jeep. If his only purpose here, was to beg for donations, then he is not welcome.

PTSD is real, and debilitating. My neighbor has it. I wonder if anyone would care, since it isn't service related?

The OP was a real asshole, and if you can't see that, maybe you came to Wayalife with a bias, expecting to find what they say about us on other forums. Oh, and yes...I'll say anything to your face, that I'd type here.

I'll leave you with this, in case you missed it...

View attachment 265185

As I said, the threats made by the OP was uncalled for and I'm defending him in anyway because, again, PTSD or not, there is no reason for making death threats online or at all. One of the first responses was directly at why he was building it. Again, I didn't see where he solicited money for the build but if he made it publicly, then fine, I missed it and I was mistaken. But if talking about a build for a cause is not allowed, then why did it take 3 pages of posts for that point to come up? If anything it should have been said at the beginning in a reasonable way instead of attacking the cause. All I'm saying was, from my outside view, a polite "sorry can't talk about awareness builds on here" or whatever the rule is vs "why the f are you building to promote a cause" could maybe (and I stress maybe) have prevented the crash and burn with death threats direction the thread went in. You said your neighbor has it and it's debilitating for him/her. Then you probably know (again, I'm guessing since I don't know your neighbor) how easily he/she (since you didn't specify, I can't assume) can go from having a good day to a bad day over something, that to a person without PTSD, seems minor.

I came to WAYALIFE because I moved to a new state and was looking for some good people in my area with jeeps to meet and possibly go wheeling with since I was having trouble looking for local clubs through other avenues. I've been in clubs where I used to live where one club was full of drama and if you didn't agree, you were shot up by the firing squad and I was with another club that was full of good people that just wanted to get together and have a good time without the drama. I came into this forum hoping for the latter, but lately the threads that appear at the top of the new posts list, or come into my email from Eddie to look at are starting to resemble the former.

And I understand this was an old thread but obviously someone felt the need to comment yesterday, it appeared at the top of the "new posts" list for me this morning and so I read it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
As I said, the threats made by the OP was uncalled for and I'm defending him in anyway because, again, PTSD or not, there is no reason for making death threats online or at all. One of the first responses was directly at why he was building it. Again, I didn't see where he solicited money for the build but if he made it publicly, then fine, I missed it and I was mistaken. But if talking about a build for a cause is not allowed, then why did it take 3 pages of posts for that point to come up? If anything it should have been said at the beginning in a reasonable way instead of attacking the cause. All I'm saying was, from my outside view, a polite "sorry can't talk about awareness builds on here" or whatever the rule is vs "why the f are you building to promote a cause" could maybe (and I stress maybe) have prevented the crash and burn with death threats direction the thread went in. You said your neighbor has it and it's debilitating for him/her. Then you probably know (again, I'm guessing since I don't know your neighbor) how easily he/she (since you didn't specify, I can't assume) can go from having a good day to a bad day over something, that to a person without PTSD, seems minor.

I came to WAYALIFE because I moved to a new state and was looking for some good people in my area with jeeps to meet and possibly go wheeling with since I was having trouble looking for local clubs through other avenues. I've been in clubs where I used to live where one club was full of drama and if you didn't agree, you were shot up by the firing squad and I was with another club that was full of good people that just wanted to get together and have a good time without the drama. I came into this forum hoping for the latter, but lately the threads that appear at the top of the new posts list, or come into my email from Eddie to look at are starting to resemble the former.

And I understand this was an old thread but obviously someone felt the need to comment yesterday, it appeared at the top of the "new posts" list for me this morning and so I read it.

We move these threads to a special area, called the Infirmary. Unfortunately, on the app, they show up at the top. I suggest you don't read them, if they offend you. Believe me, I'd rather not see this stuff, but it happens. We do not delete them, because that would make the evidence of a member going off, disappear.

There are plenty of active members here, that are vets & policemen, just like the OP, but they don't go nuts on us. Kind of makes you think a nerve was struck, when the OP was asked if he was soliciting donations.

Make your own decision, about whether you want to be here or not. If I had been asked the same question, as the OP, I would not have flown off the handle. The world is a tough place. For some, the internet is too tough.

Your contributions have been noted. Now, if you could, please stop bumping this thread, and let it die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom