The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Exodus 4x4

Looks like I'm gonna be doing a Colorado road trip this summer, so if anyone wants me to do any trail or city scouting let me know. I'll be going up from Austin so if someone wants me to time how long a certain way to get there will take I can do that. I can take pictures of trails or time how long it takes to get from one trail or city to the next. Plus I'll save all of my gas receipts and let you guys get an idea of how much this trip will cost gas wise. I am on 37s and 5:13s so some of you may have a bit better mileage than I do but should still give you an idea. Anything I can do to help let me know.

It would great to have an idea, especially since I'm installing my PR44 and my 37's will be here next week! Track the volume of gas mostly since prices are bound to be higher again by 2017.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looks like I'm gonna be doing a Colorado road trip this summer, so if anyone wants me to do any trail or city scouting let me know. I'll be going up from Austin so if someone wants me to time how long a certain way to get there will take I can do that. I can take pictures of trails or time how long it takes to get from one trail or city to the next. Plus I'll save all of my gas receipts and let you guys get an idea of how much this trip will cost gas wise. I am on 37s and 5:13s so some of you may have a bit better mileage than I do but should still give you an idea. Anything I can do to help let me know.

I might be able to make it out early with you, We could meet in Austin and go. I'ed be going for the trip though, so if your just passing through, once we finish wheeling/city scouting, I'll turn around and head on home

Angry Aussie

I might be able to make it out early with you, We could meet in Austin and go. I'ed be going for the trip though, so if your just passing through, once we finish wheeling/city scouting, I'll turn around and head on home

We might be able to do that, I know I'll end up spending some time up there just hanging out in one spot for a few days. But I can make that towards the end of the trip. It's been two years since I've been to Colorado so I'm gonna try to be up there for at least two weeks.

Angry Aussie

Just a suggestion but we should think of moving this trip to the beginning of August. Give those who have kids or school it may be easier for people to get away while it's still summer time. Plus if we go in August we won't miss any football games! Just my two cents.

Exodus 4x4

Just a suggestion but we should think of moving this trip to the beginning of August. Give those who have kids or school it may be easier for people to get away while it's still summer time. Plus if we go in August we won't miss any football games! Just my two cents.

I'm open to it, but really would like a majority decision. I chose September because Jackal01 suggested we might be able to have some better scenery. September would probably be a little more crowded also due to people trying to get their runs in before the pass closes for the year.

That being said, quite a few people have already expressed interest in going with the date that was set. I'd hate to be going back and forth on dates for the next 20 months! If everyone that's already confirmed they are going speaks up and says they would rather go in early August then I'll definitely change it.

Jackal01

Maybe someone with a great deal of CO experience could chime in about how busy the trails get around our proposed time. My vote is still for September based on someone telling me that the season change around September is beautiful. But if it is crowded and whatnot...maybe not.

We don't do football and don't have kids so neither are of a concern to us. We will probably be going for 10+ days so even if we go end of August and it bleeds into Sept that will work. Just another suggestion. I agree...let's get this date nailed down. Don't need to talk about it for 20 months.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Maybe someone with a great deal of CO experience could chime in about how busy the trails get around our proposed time. My vote is still for September based on someone telling me that the season change around September is beautiful. But if it crowded and whatnot...maybe not.

We don't do football and don't have kids so neither of a concern to us. We will probably be going for 10+ days so even if we go end of August and it bleeds into Sept that will work. Just another suggestion. I agree...let's get this date nailed down. Don't need to talk about it for 20 months.

I like the September date, mostly because it's still so damn hot here that time of year and the thought of going on a trip anywhere in August sounds terrible. I can't wait for this trip gets here. I'm already getting ideas for the 2018 run!

Jegar

Maybe someone with a great deal of CO experience could chime in about how busy the trails get around our proposed time. My vote is still for September based on someone telling me that the season change around September is beautiful. But if it crowded and whatnot...maybe not.

We don't do football and don't have kids so neither of a concern to us. We will probably be going for 10+ days so even if we go end of August and it bleeds into Sept that will work. Just another suggestion. I agree...let's get this date nailed down. Don't need to talk about it for 20 months.

^^^^^^^^^ x2 :)

Angry Aussie

Colorado is beautiful anytime of year.

Jackal01

Colorado is beautiful anytime of year.

I imagine so. We have only been in the early to mid summer. The wife and I would like to see a different season or at season-change hence September, from what I was told (I guess I could research on the interwebs too). We will do whatever majority decides.

Last edited:

barh

Imo, sept is the perfect time to go. Most traffic is done and you get to see much more fall color.

Top Bottom