Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Its been several years since I've been up there. Did you see the chain bolted to the rocks? It was used fo tie off the ladder that went from the bottom to the top.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did not see a chain or ladder. Either we missed it or it’s not there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I wasn’t Navy but I was in Marine aviation for 9 years... but it looks like an older version of an electric cart. Some older aircraft needed external electrical power to start the aircraft until the onboard generators came online. Electrical carts are still used to produce power for maintenance and testing without starting the motors... such as inside a hangar. I could be wrong but that’s what it looks like to me.

That’s exactly what it is, an APU or auxiliary power unit. You can see the cables that would plug into the aircraft laying in the cart. I worked at an airport and we just had a cart we towed around. Large aircraft typically have their own APU onboard but we’d routinely plug the cart in to different aircraft for various reasons. This version is way cooler!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Nice Greer. Good that you have access to trails year round without having to travel tooooo far. California does indeed have some positives!

Thanks Doug. You’d like these trails. California gets a bad rap, but I like it here. [emoji16]

Looks fun.. So close yet I’ve Never been there.

You gotta check it out. Kind of a small place, but plenty to do in a couple of days. And beautiful scenery too.

CalSgt

Hooked
Had to pull over at the Bonneville Salt Flats on our way to Moab so the kids could experience the salt and get a picture. I took my dad to speed week about 8 years ago which was a bucket list trip for him. We took my RZR and bombed down to the races from some nearby camping every day. He has been saying ever since we got back that we should have gotten a picture of the RZR on the salt with the mountain in the background, apparently thats the classic magazine cover type photo people get with their hotrods. He was stoked when I sent him this picture.

IMG_5834.jpg

Also, the thread is "Where did you take your Jeep" not where did you drive your Jeep so I figured this still qualifies...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Had to pull over at the Bonneville Salt Flats on our way to Moab so the kids could experience the salt and get a picture. I took my dad to speed week about 8 years ago which was a bucket list trip for him. We took my RZR and bombed down to the races from some nearby camping every day. He has been saying ever since we got back that we should have gotten a picture of the RZR on the salt with the mountain in the background, apparently thats the classic magazine cover type photo people get with their hotrods. He was stoked when I sent him this picture.

View attachment 360152

Also, the thread is "Where did you take your Jeep" not where did you drive your Jeep so I figured this still qualifies...

Very cool shot. I’d love to see that someday

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom