PROOF of the Fabled NEW Jeep Truck???

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ya from then pics I saw they have the frame set and do not have the back end mocked and are using a Ram 1500 bed

I'm sure it's to throw everyone off from the final design. I bet the bed and cab are there just to test the drivetrain

It would be neat for the guy that's into small/mid size pick ups. Finally something to compete with the Toyota Tacoma. Personally I'd never buy it. If I was in the market for a Jeep only then it's a maybe.

For a truck it's just too light and small.

I do dig the concept. For the mtn biker or outdoorsman that can chuck his stuff in the back and get to remote areas.

And much like in the past. I'll believe when I actually see it at the dealership.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Because jeep has been making them since the 50's and why wouldn't you want a jeep truck ??

Because there are so many other options for a truck out there. I would rather buy a Toyota if I wanted a truck. The only advantage that I can see if the cab over frame design of a Jeep truck, but is that even an advantage? I can get a whole bunch of other trucks like this.

This is almost like FCA trying to fill the gap that was left by the Land Rover Defender. When I rode in one of those, I was impressed with its off road capability and then room in the back. I just simply open a door and in goes the mountain bike, surf board, trail maintenance tools, etc.

Am I missing something? Is there any benefit to a Jeep truck over any other truck?

steve_bk

If someone 3rd party can fab the front with bolt on parts to make it look like the M715 Crew Concept, I am all over it. I don't think it would be that hard to do, Grill + Hood. and maybe front quarter panels.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Because there are so many other options for a truck out there. I would rather buy a Toyota if I wanted a truck. The only advantage that I can see if the cab over frame design of a Jeep truck, but is that even an advantage? I can get a whole bunch of other trucks like this. This is almost like FCA trying to fill the gap that was left by the Land Rover Defender. When I rode in one of those, I was impressed with its off road capability and then room in the back. I just simply open a door and in goes the mountain bike, surf board, trail maintenance tools, etc. Am I missing something? Is there any benefit to a Jeep truck over any other truck?

I think what your missing is the Jeep enthusiast aspect of it. I haven't owned anything other than a jeep for the last 16 years with the exception of the '04 Cobra I bought in '05. There's people out there who don't care about what trucks Toyota has to offer, or what and other brand has to offer. If Jeep builds a Wrangler based truck, there is a following of Jeep fanatics/loyalists that will want it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm not much of a fan of foreign 4wd's...much less foreign trucks.

A well-built, mid-size Jeep truck would be fantastic...especially if taking the top and/or doors off was a reality. If I was constantly (or ever) towing something heavy then sure, a full-size truck with a big V-8 would be in my stable. I don't, so it isn't. If they actually put to market a rag top resembling something like the Crew Chief 716, I'd be first in line to trade in my JKU. If the new truck is just a brute, it will sell like hotcakes but I will keep what I have.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
OK, I'm in. I LOVE my Comanche for hauling gravel for my driveway, firewood, and other stuff (being polite here) to and from our digs, but I've always wanted another set of wheels to hit the moderate/challenging trails and still do time on the highways (ugh!) to Arizona and Moab. Oh Baby, Oh Baby, THIS IS IT!

fzapos

Luv It

Great.. Jeep is really back on track with plenty of projects. This new baby looks good. I hope it will not be too long for us in Europe. A double cab with a long bed like this is really big for France.
But I cant wait to test it !!! :)

ljvsnyder

great pictures, clearly keeping freedom panels. I hope they make the top completely removable. First impression about 4 feet longer than a current JKU. So not going to be a great tight trail rig, but for the guy who wants rugged offroad and a truck great work imho.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I think what your missing is the Jeep enthusiast aspect of it. I haven't owned anything other than a jeep for the last 16 years with the exception of the '04 Cobra I bought in '05. There's people out there who don't care about what trucks Toyota has to offer, or what and other brand has to offer. If Jeep builds a Wrangler based truck, there is a following of Jeep fanatics/loyalists that will want it.

Yup!

This is it, the average JK guy won't understand it

JDalcour

My first impression is that they stuck a JKU body onto a RAM chassis. Note how the bed sides seem wider than the Jeep's body width. Too many other things clearly say this thing's going to be huge (large, not popularity) As seen, the thing is just too big to be a functional trail truck for the sorts of places people take the JK and JKU. Even the AEV version doesn't look this gross.

Yes, I'd love a Wrangler-based pickup truck. Something along the lines of the '05 Gladiator concept would be nearly perfect.

Put it this way: If this thing comes out anywhere near as large as it looks now, I'd rather plug my old Ford Ranger body onto my existing JKU chassis and make it fit.

Tow capacity.....

RockyJk

I'm in for one! If they keep solid axle front ends and is midsize nothing will compare to it, there's only like 3 vehicles being sold today that still run straight axle fronts ( Ram diesels, Ford diesels and the JK's)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'm in for one! If they keep solid axle front ends and is midsize nothing will compare to it, there's only like 3 vehicles being sold today that still run straight axle fronts ( Ram diesels, Ford diesels and the JK's)

It might hit the market at the right time for you !

Top Bottom