2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 liter

Creekcrawler

When I start my Jeep the oil pressure is normal. After it has warmed up a bit the oil pressure drops some and when u pull up to a stoplight the oil pressure drops to just barley above 0. When you pull up somewhere and shut it off, then when its started back up I have no oil pressure at all and a check gauges light is on and a beeper going off. There is no peaking or knocking noise going on in the engine and it gets a lower than Normal oil pressure reading.
Anybody had this problem and know a fix for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 20150502_161035.jpg
    20150502_161035.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 64

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL.

Could be major like bad main bearings or something easier to fix like a faulty oil pump.

kbsvo2go

I had the same problem on my sons 02 TJ. I removed the sending unit and threaded in a direct direct reading gauge to verify if I actually had oil pressure. My pressure was good on the direct reading gauge. I replaced it with a aftermarket sending unit and the problem came back within a week. I bought a sending unit from the dealer and it's been good for over a year now.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Creekcrawler

I appreciate everbodys response to my question. I had already bought an aftermarket sending unit and nothing changed. Im going to have to do some more checking though because I've been having a miss.
Found today that I have very little compression on #5 cylinder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom