New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

desertrunner

I just installed mine with single mount. Snugged it to the tire really good and worked fine from me. I only have one run with it on. I did 3 day trip on the Mojave trail and it did fine. View attachment 297669

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Good deal I think I'm just going to go that route as well. I figured snugging it up against the tire real good should be enough to hold it fine with the center mount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

mayday_soc

Installing a roof mount CB this weekend. Planned on running a ground strap from the carrier to the tub. Are most people using one of the high mount holes (if not running a high mount) to bond the tire carrier to the tub? What size bolt/thread per inch?

boardsurfer

Installing a roof mount CB this weekend. Planned on running a ground strap from the carrier to the tub. Are most people using one of the high mount holes (if not running a high mount) to bond the tire carrier to the tub? What size bolt/thread per inch?

You may be overthinking the grounding strap. The carrier is bolted to the tub. No need to reinvent the wheel.

CinciRubi17

Hey guys so I have had the tire carrier for close to a year now and the salty Midwest roads have had their fair share on the carrier that was expected. There is some rust on the inside of the carrier and whenever I go to open the tire carrier it’s now really tight and makes an ear splitting squeak. But I recommend this tire carrier and love it!

I gave evo a call and they said to unbolt the carrier hinges one at a time then put them back together then do the other one.

Also going to soon be replacing all the nuts and bolts with 316 stainless steel to stop any corrosion on the bolts.

What is everyone’s thoughts on what I should use to lubricate the bushings and touch up the inside rust?

Image1524433810.386400.jpg Image1524433844.907722.jpg Image1524433870.003707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
So I just installed another hinged carrier (after going body mount, selling the hinged carrier, and switching back).

Good news, the new packaging is awesome. Not only are the brake pad bump stops awesome, they're now including longer metric bolts for going through the spacer plates.

Top Bottom