WK Frozen Window Washers

Coop

Caught the Bug
Any body have a solution to this? Ohio DOT uses so much salt and urea, highway driving is damn tough when your windows are whited out.
If this is addressed somewhere let me know, I just haven't found it. Thinking of running a separate tube for the washer fluid and routing with the cabin heater hoses, but not sure if my washer reservoir is frozen too. I changed the fluid out to a low temp version, but that didn't help.
My previous WK and WJs didn't seem to have this problem as I recall. :thinking:

Coop

Caught the Bug
A lot of times if you take it to a place they dilute the fluid too much. I don't dilute and that usually works for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well geeze! I guess I'm just out of touch! Everybody in my office says they use Russian Vodka (-40* F). I guess if you slide off in a ditch, you can party till AAA shows up! One guy uses EverClear for super low temp.
Hell I was trying for an engineering solution.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hot94Z28

Well geeze! I guess I'm just out of touch! Everybody in my office says they use Russian Vodka (-40* F). I guess if you slide off in a ditch, you can party till AAA shows up! One guy uses EverClear for super low temp.
Hell I was trying for an engineering solution.

Never thought of that lol, I normally before winter run all the fluid out and put that de-icer stuff in.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Yeah people would be wondering why I always pop the hood and drink out of the reservoir lol.

I'm thinking separate pump and tube to the cabin! Maybe more than one container! Maybe I won't give a shit if my windows are clean or not!

WJCO

Meme King
I've always used the -40 stuff they sell at service stations. Only one time, I had an issue on a Toyota where a line near the wheel well froze up. It was -25f out and worked fine when I first started it, but when I was driving, it froze up. I think the windchill while driving put it over the edge.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I've always used the -40 stuff they sell at service stations. Only one time, I had an issue on a Toyota where a line near the wheel well froze up. It was -25f out and worked fine when I first started it, but when I was driving, it froze up. I think the windchill while driving put it over the edge.

Guess that's why some use EverClear!

Hot94Z28

I have never had issues with the De-Icer stuff, but have had issues with the regular fluid.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Ran in to this problem once with my Subaru when I was living in Sacramento, they don't sell any washer fluid that goes below freezing around town. First winter trip up to Tahoe and one side froze before I hit Donner pass. After that I started making sure I bought the -20 stuff and ran it year round.

Top Bottom