The Evolution of ENVY Build

ChaosNein

Hi Jason

I have EVO skins and fenders as well I like these light could you please post a couple more pictures of them on your rig? You said Mel needed to make a mod to make them work what was that mod and who manufactures the light lights?
Sorry for all the questions.. :eek:

PS rad looking rig..:thumb:
Chris

ZERO mods needed for these lights. Just need the resistor that all of the LED lights need.

- Drew

JAGS

Hooked
Hi Jason

I have EVO skins and fenders as well I like these light could you please post a couple more pictures of them on your rig? You said Mel needed to make a mod to make them work what was that mod and who manufactures the light lights?
Sorry for all the questions.. :eek:

PS rad looking rig..:thumb:
Chris

ZERO mods needed for these lights. Just need the resistor that all of the LED lights need.

- Drew

Thanks Chris.

And like Drew said, no "mods" needed. Just a different type of install since they don't use the rubber grommet. But nothing altered. I'll go snap some more pics and see if I can also find the link. I bought the lights on ebay and the resisters on amazon.

JAGS

Hooked
A few folks have noticed the slightly different tail lights I went with on my EVO corners. Fellow forum member, Strainger, actually gave me the idea. He runs the original version on his rig. When I started looking into them, the company just came out with version 2 the same week. They weren't even in distribution yet. The company is Maxxima and they are a manufacturer for the big rig industry. That was good to know that they were of decent quality and been around a long time.

The lights I have are the Maxxima Slim Hybrid 4" Round LED all-in-one. They have more LEDs, clearer plastic, and slightly lower profile than version one. Per request, here are some more pics at different angles of the rear lights.

image.jpg

LED rear2.jpg

Here's a good shot showing the area I was worried about. I didn't want the edge of the light to go beyond that edge of the corner. Because it ends inside that edge, I think it still provides for nice clean install and one that doesn't look like an afterthought.

LED rear.jpg

Here's a good side pic showing external mount. They stick out about 5/8 of an inch. That might not be for everyone, but it didn't/doesn't bother me. Even the grommet of the recessed light sticks out a little. And I was more worried about the diameter going beyond that edge as noted above, which it clearly does not. I think they look good and I don't have to worry about a reverse light right away. Now I may still want rear LED dust lights later on, but I now have time to decide which ones.

LED Side.jpg

Here's some links in case you want to look into the lights http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=351022395259 or resistors http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=291085592646 a bit more. Though I advise getting the resistors on Amazon, as I found them to be a bit cheaper.

pvanweelden

I have owned the original maxxima on my tj for 3 years with no issues with them. The amount of light from the reverse lights is awesome! Glad I have waited to order them for the jk, I had no idea they were making the new model. Thanks for the link Jason!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I have owned the original maxxima on my tj for 3 years with no issues with them. The amount of light from the reverse lights is awesome! Glad I have waited to order them for the jk, I had no idea they were making the new model. Thanks for the link Jason!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Happy to help Paul. I had no idea about the new model either. Glad I did some research and discovered it on Maxxima's main site as it was not on any retailers sites at the time. Looks to be 1/3 more led diodes (if that's what they call them?) than the original version. Not sure if that will translate to 1/3 brighter. But either case, they look cool.

Hightower

- Drew
Thx Brother Ill send you an email at work. :thumb:

Thanks Chris.

And like Drew said, no "mods" needed. Just a different type of install since they don't use the rubber grommet. But nothing altered. I'll go snap some more pics and see if I can also find the link. I bought the lights on ebay and the resisters on amazon.

Thx

A few folks have noticed the slightly different tail lights I went with on my EVO corners. Fellow forum member, Strainger, actually gave me the idea. He runs the original version on his rig. When I started looking into them, the company just came out with version 2 the same week. They weren't even in distribution yet. The company is Maxxima and they are a manufacturer for the big rig industry. That was good to know that they were of decent quality and been around a long time.

The lights I have are the Maxxima Slim Hybrid 4" Round LED all-in-one. They have more LEDs, clearer plastic, and slightly lower profile than version one. Per request, here are some more pics at different angles of the rear lights.

View attachment 81537

View attachment 81534

Here's a good shot showing the area I was worried about. I didn't want the edge of the light to go beyond that edge of the corner. Because it ends inside that edge, I think it still provides for nice clean install and one that doesn't look like an afterthought.

View attachment 81535

Here's a good side pic showing external mount. They stick out about 5/8 of an inch. That might not be for everyone, but it didn't/doesn't bother me. Even the grommet of the recessed light sticks out a little. And I was more worried about the diameter going beyond that edge as noted above, which it clearly does not. I think they look good and I don't have to worry about a reverse light right away. Now I may still want rear LED dust lights later on, but I now have time to decide which ones.

View attachment 81536

Here's some links in case you want to look into the lights http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=351022395259 or resistors http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=291085592646 a bit more. Though I advise getting the resistors on Amazon, as I found them to be a bit cheaper.

Install looks awesome, I want me a set..:rock:

JAGS

Hooked
A little time today so chasing down a newish squeak. Not sure what it is?? It is NOT related to suspension as it seems to be coming from inside the rear trunk/cab area. Was there before, but not as bad. Unloaded everything. Tightened seats and door/tailgate bolts. Still there.

Maybe loose factory role cage bolts in the back? Something else?

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
Well, not rear cage bolts. Note to other newbs, cage is welded/spot welded in back. Lol. Guess one way to learn is to start taking shit apart. 😉😂

- Jason

JAGS

Hooked
Painted the stock muffler/exhaust with some plasti dip. That should last right. kidding. Used some high heat rustolium.

Gave up on the squeak as I needed a driver other than myself so I can be in back trying pinpoint it. It will on another week. 😞

- Jason

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
A little time today so chasing down a newish squeak. Not sure what it is?? It is NOT related to suspension as it seems to be coming from inside the rear trunk/cab area. Was there before, but not as bad. Unloaded everything. Tightened seats and door/tailgate bolts. Still there.

Maybe loose factory role cage bolts in the back? Something else?

- Jason

Hey Jason. When does it squeak?
Going over bumps.
Going over bumps with the brakes applied.
Making turns.
Pulling into a driveway.
Does it sound like its inside or outside.
Certain speeds.

Your rig looks great and I bet it rides great too!

JAGS

Hooked
Hey Jason. When does it squeak?
Going over bumps.
Going over bumps with the brakes applied.
Making turns.
Pulling into a driveway.
Does it sound like its inside or outside.
Certain speeds.

Your rig looks great and I bet it rides great too!

Took me all damn day, but I found "the squeak" basically on accident. Had pretty much given up. The wife needed to go somewhere and I was blocking the garage. As I was closing the jeep to move it, the tire carrier just happened to make a soft squeak. But it was so similar I thought, damn, what if its the carrier.

So out came a little WD40 right at where the drivers side hinge joints rest on/in carrier bracket. Wouldn't u Fn know it!!! Squeak's gone!

And yes Tony, it does ride awesome!!!😃😎 suspension is great, gearing upgrade to 513s is awesome. Im very thankful for all the advice and recommendations received and what I ended up with. ORE did great work and even did some little touches was not expecting. Kudos.

Being my first jeep and first build, Im still smiling like a little kid.

- Jason

kyro

glad you found the noise
nothing worse then a rattle you cant find, it just drives you nuts lol:eek:

Top Bottom