Grand Canyon Trail to the Colorado River & Arizona Route 66

saravonshep

Great report. Liked that trail heading to the Colorado River, i went through that area and i wish i would of known of that trail:thinking:. I guess ill just have to do another trip that direction again in the feature.

EasyE

Gary Palms2Pines said:
I planning a similar trip at the end of the month. I've been doing some on line research about using the Diamond Trail. Some report "camping fees" of $37.+ per person. Does anyone know if this is also the "day use" fee? Seems a little steep to me.

In 2008 the fee to drive to the river was 6.00 and change... Permit was obtained at Peach Springs office... The tribal police checked for it when I got to the river...

That part of the river is known as the last drop off before the lake...river rafters and kayaks load up there to avoid a long paddle in the lake to reach the next off loading spot..

Gary Palms2Pines

Did the trip a week ago.
The charge is currently $25.00 per person.
The road had been partially washed out during a recent thunderstorm, but the tribe was busy repairing the worst parts. Nothing technical.
Don't try to sneak in. The tribe has rangers patrolling the road. Saw a German tourist in a rented Ford Mustang trying to drive to the bottom. If the ranger didn't get him the road did. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did the trip a week ago.
The charge is currently $25.00 per person.
The road had been partially washed out during a recent thunderstorm, but the tribe was busy repairing the worst parts. Nothing technical.
Don't try to sneak in. The tribe has rangers patrolling the road. Saw a German tourist in a rented Ford Mustang trying to drive to the bottom. If the ranger didn't get him the road did. :)

i can't remember for sure but, that's about what i recall paying too. looking around at the reservation, it looked like they could use the money too. still, it was worth it to us and i would do it again.

Top Bottom