Cozdude's build of Knuckles

Andy5160

Hooked
Well this morning I officially ordered some 37/12.50r17 cooper STT pros!! Huge shout out to the discount tire rep Matt for getting me prices and working with me to get the best deal I could! Super excited to FINALLY put knuckles on 37's! Been a long slow build to get him to the point I felt comfortable putting this size tire on!

Congrats man it is about time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
You'll have to post up some pictures of how you dismount those 35's. I'm curious to see the process given how hard it was to get them mounted in the first place.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll have to post up some pictures of how you dismount those 35's. I'm curious to see the process given how hard it was to get them mounted in the first place.

Easiest way to dismount tires is to remove the rings and then take your wheels to a tire shop and have them do it. I had all of my 40's done for about $20. :yup:

Otherwise, the first part of this video show how to break the bead.

To completely separate the tire from the wheel, you can use a couple of small pry bars or large flathead screw drivers. It's a pain but I've done it more times that I would have preferred.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Easiest way to dismount tires is to remove the rings and then take your wheels to a tire shop and have them do it. I had all of my 40's done for about $20. :yup:

Otherwise, the first part of this video show how to break the bead.

To completely separate the tire from the wheel, you can use a couple of small pry bars or large flathead screw drivers. It's a pain but I've done it more times that I would have preferred.

Whew! That puts my fears at rest a bit. I'd pay a good bit more than $20 for someone to save me all that trouble! :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whew! That puts my fears at rest a bit. I'd pay a good bit more than $20 for someone to save me all that trouble! :yup:

Not all shops will do it. My local Discount Tire wouldn't but the Tires Plus down the way would. I've had good luck with Les Schwab as well.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I got lucky and my one previous teacher at school is going to break the inner bead for me on the tire machine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I threw knuckles up on jack stands today and took the rings off the wheels. Going to take the tires to school tomorrow and have the steering and suspension class break the inner bead for me. And hopefully start mounting the tires tomorrow night, if not Thursday night!
IMG_7290.jpg
IMG_7289.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
So I threw knuckles up on jack stands today and took the rings off the wheels. Going to take the tires to school tomorrow and have the steering and suspension class break the inner bead for me. And hopefully start mounting the tires tomorrow night, if not Thursday night!

Looks like its six-pack time! Wish you lived closer - I'd bring it over!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

WooHoo - nice!! :thumb:

Top Bottom