Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So a little update on the "death wobble" I was experiencing.

I took knuckles back to the shop that aligned him for me. I asked that they look over everything and just make sure that they did it right. I came back later and they walked out to knuckles with me to show me what they did. They ended up finding that my trackbar bracket up from was loose and that's why I was getting a wobble. They welded the bracket to my axle for me and realigned knuckles as well for FREE! They already had my business because they are family friends and have taken care of me in the past but now they have my business even more so!

WJCO

Meme King
So a little update on the "death wobble" I was experiencing.

I took knuckles back to the shop that aligned him for me. I asked that they look over everything and just make sure that they did it right. I came back later and they walked out to knuckles with me to show me what they did. They ended up finding that my trackbar bracket up from was loose and that's why I was getting a wobble. They welded the bracket to my axle for me and realigned knuckles as well for FREE! They already had my business because they are family friends and have taken care of me in the past but now they have my business even more so!

Glad they found it and got it fixed for you. That indeed will cause DW. I assume no ball joint work needed ahead then?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Glad they found it and got it fixed for you. That indeed will cause DW. I assume no ball joint work needed ahead then?

Nope no ball joints needed as of now!

Just a stupid overlook on my part cause I retorqued everything but those few bolts. Totally my fault but they took care of me and for that I'm thankful

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well thought I was gonna die earlier today. Got death wobble times 1000. Just ordered new timkin unit bearings and picking up a new set of crown ball joints from qtech tomorrow. Knuckles will be parked all week while I work on him to get him drivable again and make sure all is squared away.

Also getting my windshield replaced tomorrow as well

scull20

Well thought I was gonna die earlier today. Got death wobble times 1000. Just ordered new timkin unit bearings and picking up a new set of crown ball joints from qtech tomorrow. Knuckles will be parked all week while I work on him to get him drivable again and make sure all is squared away.

That's rough, hopefully you're back on (and off) the road soon enough. Give me a shout if you need a hand.

What'd the windshield run you if you don't mind me asking?...going to start pricing them out since it'll be warmer out soon.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You sure it's the unit bearings? I've had unit bearing completely shot (like ready to break in half, old Instagram video of it) and didn't have death wobble.

metalic

You sure it's the unit bearings? I've had unit bearing completely shot (like ready to break in half, old Instagram video of it) and didn't have death wobble.

Had a couple tough rounds with death wobble on my old XJ and finally replaced unit bearing since one had minor play in it and it cured it. Never thought the little play it had would of caused it.

Ddays

Hooked
Sorry to hear that, death wobble sucks. Frustrating chasing it down too. Like Overlander said, think maybe change the ball joints first & see if that does the trick? Unless you checked your unit bearings & found play in them that is...

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry to hear you have DW. Sure scares the shit out of you. Look that thing over real good after the repairs. I remember you saying earlier your track bar bracket was broken. Hopefully there isn't something else going on that's causing undue stress on your front axle. Good luck.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Sorry to hear that, death wobble sucks. Frustrating chasing it down too. Like Overlander said, think maybe change the ball joints first & see if that does the trick? Unless you checked your unit bearings & found play in them that is...

I'm deff changing the ball joints which is why I'm grabbing some today. Just changing my unit bearings while I'm right there for shits and giggles.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's rough, hopefully you're back on (and off) the road soon enough. Give me a shout if you need a hand.

What'd the windshield run you if you don't mind me asking?...going to start pricing them out since it'll be warmer out soon.
Thanks Ryan will do.

Sending you a pm now

Sorry to hear you have DW. Sure scares the shit out of you. Look that thing over real good after the repairs. I remember you saying earlier your track bar bracket was broken. Hopefully there isn't something else going on that's causing undue stress on your front axle. Good luck.
Yea I'm planning on jacking knuckles up tomorrow after work to start slowly tearing him apart. Plan on looking everything over while I'm under him.

Dang bo sorry to hear bout your DW hope all go well getting it fixed
Thanks David

NastyNate

Well I'm so excited that I can't keep this a secret. Over the past week I have been in communication with Eddie about having a decal made. Well he was nice enough to go out and have a few CUSTOM made for me!!! He sent me a pic of it earlier today when he received them! Can't wait to get them and put them on knuckles! Thanks again Eddie for making this happen!!!
View attachment 185842 .

thats badass!!! just got done reading your entire build thread ...it was awesome.

Top Bottom