Cozdude's build of Knuckles

Rccrwlr

Dude. You need some 303 protectant for the fenders. It really works great and doesn't collect the dust like AA

Edit... The red rings!!! Looking nice

--rccrwlr.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ahhh they sand blasted and didn't call you about the pitting? :grayno:

I would have rather(if this were the result after blasting) put some body filler down and rattle can em.

yea they didnt but oh well. im not to worried about it. as long as this powdercoat holds up and it doesnt rust again i will be content. also going to be rubbing some fluid film on them once a month now after talking to canvas about it a few months back. this should help the skins and my sliders last a little longer.

Dude. You need some 303 protectant for the fenders. It really works great and doesn't collect the dust like AA

Edit... The red rings!!! Looking nice

--rccrwlr.

haha it actually isnt as bad in person as it looks in the pic. the filters i used on instagram make them look REALLY bad! the mothers back to black i have used works really well, i just need a new bottle of it.

I really like the red rings, but I gotta' tell you that you probably started something you didn't want to.

I painted the spider on my diff covers thinking once damaged I would just make them black... now my wife and kid will not let the blue spider go so I am always touching it up... :crazyeyes::doh:

KingCopperhead

Wheels look killer man! Sorry to hear about the pitting on the body armor. I've decided to skip doing it on mine, upstate NY uses a shit ton of salt. Mine will be destroyed in one winter.

HILLZ

Well it was finally nice out today that I could take and post up final pics of the red rings!
View attachment 97319
View attachment 97320

Comparison shot of the polished and red rings
View attachment 97321

Before
View attachment 97323
After
View attachment 97322

So happy with how it turned out! The factory color I ordered from automotive touch up (thanks overlander for the suggestion) came out great!

Also I got my rocker skins back from sandblasting and powder coat today. Looks like the east coast struggles are real. I really hate rust! Yes my rocker skins are now pitted :(
View attachment 97324

Hey Coz man, the JK is looking sweet with the colour matched rings. so what's the next mod??? :thinking: hahaha

loscann48

haha it actually isnt as bad in person as it looks in the pic. the filters i used on instagram make them look REALLY bad! the mothers back to black i have used works really well, i just need a new bottle of it.

I've used back to black and Aerospace 303. For me I think the 303 is better, brought me plastic back to looking new. Wheels with the painted rings look great. I love painting things that were once chrome the red. Just painted mlthe chrome jeep on my grill red. My jeep is now mostly red and black, just love that color combo. Oh and in the pic you cab see the after results of the 303, just did the bumper and fenders they day before. Before the 303 they looked like yours in the pic that prompted the 303 talk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1409110664595.jpg
    1409110664595.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 268

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey Coz man, the JK is looking sweet with the colour matched rings. so what's the next mod??? :thinking: hahaha

thanks Hillz! next mod is to get a loan and get out of my lease which is up next month and work on paying it off. :yup: after that im thinking of saving up for a pr44 again and not buy anything untill then which is going to be really hard lol

I've used back to black and Aerospace 303. For me I think the 303 is better, brought me plastic back to looking new. Wheels with the painted rings look great. I love painting things that were once chrome the red. Just painted mlthe chrome jeep on my grill red. My jeep is now mostly red and black, just love that color combo. Oh and in the pic you cab see the after results of the 303, just did the bumper and fenders they day before. Before the 303 they looked like yours in the pic that prompted the 303 talk.

i will have to take a look at this stuff then. thanks!

Looks awesome dude! :thumb:

The rings came out really nice, accents the jeep well

thank you gents!

Rccrwlr

Nice plate. WTF. Pretty funny

--rccrwlr.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So it has been a while since I updated my build so first things first.......

I have been running around doorless and topless for the past month or so now and been in heaven! Since I got rid of the GF it's been easy to not worry about her hair getting messed up or the weather being cold lol
View attachment 102949

Added a few new stickers to the collection. Truck lite and a pink Rausch Creek one. Still need a Nitto, ATX, and dynomax one.
View attachment 102951

Andrew (NOROAD) and John (darkknight) built and wired up my jeep for the Diy spod! Major props to them because I suck with electrical! when we, and when I say we I mean them with me watching while drinking a beer, installed it at Rausch we didn't have the switch holder. So monday last week I ordered it. It got here today and I started the install of all my switches
View attachment 102952
View attachment 102954
View attachment 102955

As I'm sure you saw in the switches pic I painted the vents to match the paint as well. I'm still getting use to it and debating if I like it or not. Only time will tell
View attachment 102956
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038984.003673.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the most important update of them all. As of September 19th my jeep is no longer a lease! Got a loan thru citadel at an amazing rate and now just working on paying the loan off over the next 48 months or less!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
since the pics didnt come up in my original post here they are again in the order they were posted

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038984.003673.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038984.003673.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 249
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038935.270740.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038935.270740.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 247
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038801.805275.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038801.805275.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 248
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038742.591170.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038742.591170.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 252
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038665.569353.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038665.569353.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 248
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038404.273889.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038404.273889.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 249
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038232.035968.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412038232.035968.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 248

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looking good! That switch setup is awesome and is exactly what i plan on getting. :thumbup:

Loading please wait....

HILLZ

bet you've wanted the passenger seat eject since fast and furious 2 came out too! Ejecto seato Cuz!! :cheesy::cheesy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
bet you've wanted the passenger seat eject since fast and furious 2 came out too! Ejecto seato Cuz!! :cheesy::cheesy:

LOL! im not gonna lie but thats what i thought of when i was buying it! i love those movies! have all of them on blue ray

Top Bottom