Why can't Jeep Dealerships have Enthusiasts sell their vehicles??

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Thought about trading my 06 TJ in on a 09 Wrangler X one time (I have since come to my senses and kept my TJ ;)). It had aftermarket diff covers, lift, bumpers, sliders, etc. You could tell it had been wheeled. I was asking about what was done to the axles, transfer case, etc., and all he says is... "not really sure, but did you see the aftermarket touch screen head unit and speakers?" He says that as I'm under the Jeep. I crawled out, thanked him for his time, and left. If I'm under a Jeep on the ground in my work clothes, asking about axles.. why would you try to sell the vehicle to me by mentioning the entertainment system??? Boggles my mind.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
When I bought my 2012 JK in May the sales person said there was an 09 with a rear air locker installed. I looked under the Jeep and it had an ARB diff cover on it but no lines going to it, no switch and no compressor anywhere. I asked him who told him it had a locker and he said it was one of the service techs.

I used to sell cars back when i had my CJ and I made a point to know more than anyone about every vehicle on our lot. It was a bit of extra work but I made sure I walked under every car that might have had any mods done to it while it was in the service area. All that being said, most enthusiasts are more knowledgeable than your average salesman.

longarmwj

When I bought my 2012 JK in May the sales person said there was an 09 with a rear air locker installed. I looked under the Jeep and it had an ARB diff cover on it but no lines going to it, no switch and no compressor anywhere. I asked him who told him it had a locker and he said it was one of the service techs.

I used to sell cars back when i had my CJ and I made a point to know more than anyone about every vehicle on our lot. It was a bit of extra work but I made sure I walked under every car that might have had any mods done to it while it was in the service area. All that being said, most enthusiasts are more knowledgeable than your average salesman.

I'll take that as an indirect compliment :cheesy:

Top Bottom