/Wave from Maryland

Doplar

Hello All.

I am the proud new owner of a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport 'Avnil'. I have wrestled with buying one for years. I have had people whisper both good things and bad things about wranglers to me which kept me on the side lines for a while. But I finally decided when it was time to trade in my old car it was time. And I am so happy I did. My wife is a little less excited, since it is not really family oriented for our newborn. But hey... that back seat has the child 'Latch System'. :clap2:

I have a feeling if i can find a beach or a sandy trail, or some light offroading we can do together she will come around. Last year we wanted to go off roading on this light off road trail so we rented a Jeep Liberty for the day (we did pay for the extra insurance just in case) and she had a great time.

At the moment I'm probably going to have to hold off on any of the upgrades I would love for my jeep for a while, I'm a bit cash strapped. But I love reading about all the great stuff people are doing. I think I would like my 1st real upgrade for my wrangler (something over $100) to be the LoD signature series rock sliders. They are some of best looking ones I've seen with what looks like to be great protection for my jeep. Although I'll have to pay to get them installed I think... I don't think I'm up to the task of drilling into the frame just yet. :eek:

I do hope to use this website and some others to save money by doing a lot of the scheduled maintenance up keep myself. I have to learn some more about these things though. I think I can change all the fluids I need to myself, but I have to learn the other things I should keep an eye out for. It makes me so mad to pay $500 -$1000 for a scheduled maintenance visit for them the say - "everything looks good. See in in 10k miles."

Here is a picture of my Wrangler. Enjoy.

http://wayalife.com/images/styles/GamerBlue/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• Jeep 2014-small.jpg
    Jeep 2014-small.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 42

mikefishes

Hello All.

I am the proud new owner of a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport 'Avnil'. I have wrestled with buying one for years. I have had people whisper both good things and bad things about wranglers to me which kept me on the side lines for a while. But I finally decided when it was time to trade in my old car it was time. And I am so happy I did. My wife is a little less excited, since it is not really family oriented for our newborn. But hey... that back seat has the child 'Latch System'. :clap2:

I have a feeling if i can find a beach or a sandy trail, or some light offroading we can do together she will come around. Last year we wanted to go off roading on this light off road trail so we rented a Jeep Liberty for the day (we did pay for the extra insurance just in case) and she had a great time.

At the moment I'm probably going to have to hold off on any of the upgrades I would love for my jeep for a while, I'm a bit cash strapped. But I love reading about all the great stuff people are doing. I think I would like my 1st real upgrade for my wrangler (something over $100) to be the LoD signature series rock sliders. They are some of best looking ones I've seen with what looks like to be great protection for my jeep. Although I'll have to pay to get them installed I think... I don't think I'm up to the task of drilling into the frame just yet. :eek:

I do hope to use this website and some others to save money by doing a lot of the scheduled maintenance up keep myself. I have to learn some more about these things though. I think I can change all the fluids I need to myself, but I have to learn the other things I should keep an eye out for. It makes me so mad to pay $500 -$1000 for a scheduled maintenance visit for them the say - "everything looks good. See in in 10k miles."

Here is a picture of my Wrangler. Enjoy.

http://wayalife.com/images/styles/GamerBlue/attach/jpg.gif

Welcome wave from Herndon, VA :standing wave:

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. You are going to have fun with the mods. Pace yourself because before you know it you will have spent $3k and looking for more. One of my first mods was LOD armor all the way around, mid-width front bumper, full rear with the GEN III tire carrier and sliders. When I installed my sliders I used weld nuts and grade 8 bolts. Made it easier to install and not have to worry about tapping the frame.

R/
Will

Webe

Welcome to Wayalife! :standing wave: I had a woman once say either the jeep goes or she goes. Choice was easy, I still have the jeep!:cheesy:

Cajun JK

Welcome from Andrews AFB. Nice jeep. I know the 4 door would have been a little easier with a child.

Cajun JK

Much easier than trying to put the baby in the back of a two door civic. It least you don't have to bend down.

Tackerdown

Banned
Welcome to WAYALIFE , and congrats on the baby and jeep. With that smile on your wife's face I think your good to go

Sent from my SPH-L720

Top Bottom