Why u should always keep a fire extinguisher in Ur rig and all Ur buddies

LadyJeeper

If you are looking for a good fire extinguisher solution, I highly recommend the Safari Straps holder. I put mine on the back of my passenger seat and I can reach it from my drivers seat if needed. Pretty cool if you ask me. Also, it keeps it low and out of the way/sun.

photo_zpsf6cadfc6.jpg

Emptybrass

Well you can't purchase halon anymore. Dry chems make a serious mess when used. Standard abc types seem to be your best bet(minus the mess) pressurized water good for things other then your rig

Rottenbelly

Well you can't purchase halon anymore. Dry chems make a serious mess when used. Standard abc types seem to be your best bet(minus the mess) pressurized water good for things other then your rig

Are you referring to the halon clean agent extinquishers? Was just curious why.
I used the clean agent for electrical.
I have one of them and 2 of the tundra spray cans. Use these for all others.
http://www.firstalert.com/fire-extinguishing/tundra-spray/tundra-fire-extinguishing-spray/tundra
FC1A6E50-48E4-469A-AD8F-18C33A1371A0-8937-00000C33A6E71E19.jpg

Emptybrass

They ceased production in 1994. Something with the ozone blah blah. They do make other clean agent ones now. The cheapest of which is probably co2. Also just an FYI for all who want to use a oxygen displacer unit. They do just that so make sure you have plenty of air clean air circulation

LadyJeeper

They ceased production in 1994. Something with the ozone blah blah. They do make other clean agent ones now. The cheapest of which is probably co2. Also just an FYI for all who want to use a oxygen displacer unit. They do just that so make sure you have plenty of air clean air circulation

Halon is still widely available and won't be running out any time soon, even with no more production!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GuillaumeC91

Thought I'd post here too. In a 2 door, space matters! So here are my custom ratchet straps to hold my new 5lbs extinguisher! :D
1377477073987.jpg

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

jims68

This is how I got it! Transmission fire is what I found out caused it!

Attachments

• 2011-08-18 18.47.56.jpg
    2011-08-18 18.47.56.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 213

David1tontj

Thank you for this David! I still need to add one to my rig :grayno:

Add one to your Christmas list! My dad saved our pickup on a family vacation (loaded with our dirtbikes and all our stuff) with a tiny, old, little fire extinguisher.

I've also used one as I witnessed a street racer crash into a wall while I was test driving my old work truck after a tune up. The people inside weren't even worried about Getting out fast- they were just arguing and I was yelling at them to open the hood... They finally did and I was able to get the fire out. Dumb asses.

Anyway- that's why I not only carry two In my jeep, but also one in my work rig.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Add one to your Christmas list! My dad saved our pickup on a family vacation (loaded with our dirtbikes and all our stuff) with a tiny, old, little fire extinguisher.

I've also used one as I witnessed a street racer crash into a wall while I was test driving my old work truck after a tune up. The people inside weren't even worried about Getting out fast- they were just arguing and I was yelling at them to open the hood... They finally did and I was able to get the fire out. Dumb asses.

Anyway- that's why I not only carry two In my jeep, but also one in my work rig.

Yea I really should add one or two to my list to add to the rear roll bars. Never know when you may need it!

About 15 years ago my dad and I were going to the NHRA Nats at Infineon Raceway. We were n/b on 880 in Fremont when a fuel line split and spewed gas all over the engine.

There was no amount of fire extinguishers that could have put that fire out. We jumped out as smoke filled the cab and watched the truck burn down.

I always carry fire extinguishers, only have them to spray a burning human not a vehicle......

LetsGoMuddin

So I see how important it is to carry a fire extinguisher, but how can you prevent it from being stolen off your Jeep's roll bar if the top is off?

JKWrang

So I see how important it is to carry a fire extinguisher, but how can you prevent it from being stolen off your Jeep's roll bar if the top is off?

Really, you cant. You either mount it when its secured and dismount it when its not or you chance it.

The mounts can all be cut. Or otherwise defeated, its really a matter of how or by whom.

Top Bottom