Joshua's lil piece of this WAYALIFE

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

What! So around 1500 for re gearing, wow

Yeah, still good pricing. When I was wheeling my full size Ram a handful of years ago that price was for one axle! Ended up regearing it myself in school since I had some professional babysitters haha I don't have the time to even think of doing it myself on the JK unfortunately. Not to mention the tools or space.

Brankz

Yeah, still good pricing. When I was wheeling my full size Ram a handful of years ago that price was for one axle! Ended up regearing it myself in school since I had some professional babysitters haha I don't have the time to even think of doing it myself on the JK unfortunately. Not to mention the tools or space.

How is the mpg with the 35s and stock gears? The guy Is looking for 315/75r16s for me, that's why I ask

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

How is the mpg with the 35s and stock gears? The guy Is looking for 315/75r16s for me, that's why I ask

I have a lot of hills for my commute and manually shifting my auto and losing my 5th gear I get around 14-15 average. On the way to and from the Wildflower camping trip I averaged 19 some how. This is all based off the computer that I clear at each tank which is off +/- 1 mpg. Keep in mind I have the 3.6 and I did take a solid hit vs the 18 I averaged on the same commute to work with the stock rubicon 30's and the crappy 3.21's. I also am not that aggressive of a driver. I am pretty good at keeping my momentum...aggressively haha
That's only a 34" tire right? And you're at 33"? Why not just get 35's?

Brankz

I have a lot of hills for my commute and manually shifting my auto and losing my 5th gear I get around 14-15 average. On the way to and from the Wildflower camping trip I averaged 19 some how. This is all based off the computer that I clear at each tank which is off +/- 1 mpg. Keep in mind I have the 3.6 and I did take a solid hit vs the 18 I averaged on the same commute to work with the stock rubicon 30's and the crappy 3.21's. I also am not that aggressive of a driver. I am pretty good at keeping my momentum...aggressively haha
That's only a 34" tire right? And you're at 33"? Why not just get 35's?

Yea it's 34 but the real size is bigger than a 35.

What do you mean you lost your 5 gear?

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Yea it's 34 but the real size is bigger than a 35.

What do you mean you lost your 5 gear?

In all seriousness, it's just unusable with the 35's and 3.21 ratio. 4th is basically my new overdrive and any sort of hill I have to downshift to third...sometimes 2nd depending on the situation...that's just to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Brankz

In all seriousness, it's just unusable with the 35's and 3.21 ratio. 4th is basically my new overdrive and any sort of hill I have to downshift to third...sometimes 2nd depending on the situation...that's just to keep up with the flow of traffic.

So it will be good that I save for the re gearing before I upgrade to 35s?

Beyrgut

Brankz with your 3.8 you will most definitely want/need to regear. I believe most suggest a 5:13 with 35s, someone here with more experience correct me if I'm off.

Napalm

Just found this thread.... Found a good deal on this Evo Level, questions for you though if you don't mind.

How is it compared to stock ride? I plan on running Bilstein shocks with it.

And do you need sway bar links?

Thanks brother... and awesome rig!!

Were you able to run aftermarket shocks with just the 3/4 spacer in the rear? People are telling me I can't run the Bilstein 5100.

Last edited:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Build Thread Resurrection

I have finally had a nice little shipment of goodies come in to warrant an update to my all but dead budget build thread. Time and space to work on my JK isn't really there so a lot of what I will be doing will be done in steps scattered over a few days.

Getting started...

A buddy of mine was getting rid of a set of wheels and tires that I couldn't pass up. After the Rubicon trip my 35's were basically drag radials...I had picked up some used Toyo's from JeepFan but was really nervous about running the 37x13.50 tires on the stock wheels. This set was basically new but the beadlock wheels are 18's...I will be going back to 17's when I can afford new wheels and after I get some money's worth out of these tires. You might notice my little bumper/stinger project in this photo also :brows: which got started thanks to dillard09.

IMG_0292.jpg

I did have a couple casualties on the Rubicon. One of them being the drag link...boring...got a stock replacement. I also bent the passenger side control arm. Since I have had 4" springs kicking around my storage for an embarrassing amount of time and black Friday approaching, I figured it was a good time to start collecting the bits I needed to support the height. 37's and the EVO leveling kit with no bump spacers was keeping me off trails. A lot of this will follow in thread updates as I install them. I was planning on getting the 4" Enforcer kit but, with future plans to run coil overs and such a tight budget, I was able piece together different parts that were in stock which allowed me to get more parts while being cheaper then the Enforcer kit....and I didn't need the springs.

Here is a shot of the stock control arms showing the slightly bent passenger side arm:
IMG_0965.jpg

The Synergy control arm next to the stocker:
IMG_0959.jpg

After muscling the very bent frame bracket on the passenger side...all installed:
IMG_0964.jpg

The bolts to lock the adjusters down need to be torqued to 50ft-lbs per Synergy. The stock control arm bolts get torqued to 125ft-lbs per Project-JK. I need to go on rust patrol! Overall control arms are a very easy upgrade that most can do out front of their homes. Having adjustable ones on the rig will allow you to fine tune the caster angle to regain stability after putting on taller springs and larger heavier tires that tend to have a mind of their own. They should provide a little more articulation also. I do have a lot more to do and will be keeping my thread updated over the next few weeks as I get ready for the annual Wayalife Kickoff Run.

Top Bottom