Welcome to the WAYALIFE.com : More than just a Jeep - It's a way of life!.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hooked
    Auto parts stores take your used oil for free, an then they sell it to a recycle center. We store the used oil in 5 gallon jugs and then my father-in-law sells it himself.

Hooked
    It's not a lot of cash, but he hates letting someone else make $ off his trash....and in this economy, it all makes a difference.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by ichthus
    It's not a lot of cash, but he hates letting someone else make $ off his trash....and in this economy, it all makes a difference.
    I agree with ya. We take ours to a local auto parts store witch he uses it to heat his building.

Caught the Bug
    the 8k miles was pointed out to me by the salesman when I bought mine in Feb, he said to ignore it and change it every 3 to 4k miles.

Hooked
    my change oil indicator came on at about 7500 miles. I think I have changed my oil 3 times so far. Granted I get mopar filters at cost and oil doesnt cost me anything. I am at 8300 miles and just replaced my air filter.. Man it is dusty here, actually noticed my fuel mileage slipping.
    never name your jeep after a women, eventually you will want to flip it over to take a look at the under carriage.

Fresh Catch
    Its the same here in aus i have a 2012 3.6L and i was told to book my first service in at 10000km i was suprised there was not a 1000km check up or so on.

Fresh Catch
    Thank you for the write up! Will be doing mine this weekend. 2K miles on the new engine, probably should have done it at 1K, but the Jeep Thing was busy on vacation.

Hooked
    Im suprised to see that its 5w30 when the old 3.8 was 5w20

Fresh Catch
    This is a great write-up. I just ordered a case (10) of the MOPAR oil filters for my 2012 and now I just need to get the oil. I will be using a full Synthetic oil in this new 2012, but I've been debating between Castrol and Mobil 1. I've seen a lot of folks using the 5W-30 Mobil 1 brand in their JKs. I've had great experience using Castrol in my previous vehicles so I need to decide if I'm going to make that switch.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport 2DR

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by dluber View Post
    This is a great write-up. I just ordered a case (10) of the MOPAR oil filters for my 2012 and now I just need to get the oil. I will be using a full Synthetic oil in this new 2012, but I've been debating between Castrol and Mobil 1. I've seen a lot of folks using the 5W-30 Mobil 1 brand in their JKs. I've had great experience using Castrol in my previous vehicles so I need to decide if I'm going to make that switch.
    Not that it really matters but Mobil 1 synthetic does not meet Chrysler specs (ms-6395) at this time. It seems bogus to me but Mobil 1 says that Chrysler requires a 2 year test and while they fully expect they meet the standards it has not been completed yet. google ms-6395 oil spec