Florida Wayalife Members

Dzandersen

So I did a little DIY stubby bumper mod this morning. I've seen people cut it off and leave it open and squared off on the edges and seen the rough country caps so I thought why not use the tips of the bumper to cap it off so I chopped each end off first that I was going to re use then cut the big section off and riveted the caps on and voila free stubby bumper give you have the tools to do it. Doesn't look perfect but it will do until I can afford to dump some more money into this thing.

Attachments

• 1436542889262.jpg
    1436542889262.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 1436542916196.jpg
    1436542916196.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 148

bonedaddy

Damn dude, your in fire. .. ;) I do not think it look better ir worse than the vdp or rc kit... i like how you angled the cut...

TwistedJK

The bumper came out really good. I've been thinking of either trading my Warn elite bumper for a stubby type bumper or just selling it to buy one.

Last edited:

Dzandersen

So woke up this morning saw a small spot under the jeep and come to find out its leaking near where the engine and transmission meet. Looks like tranny fluid to me. But either way I'm not happy that my brand new Jeep with 1100 miles on it is leaking. Maybe I hit it on something off road but I doubt if I haven't done any serious wheeling yet. Going to bring it to the dealership monday.

JRied

So woke up this morning saw a small spot under the jeep and come to find out its leaking near where the engine and transmission meet. Looks like tranny fluid to me. But either way I'm not happy that my brand new Jeep with 1100 miles on it is leaking. Maybe I hit it on something off road but I doubt if I haven't done any serious wheeling yet. Going to bring it to the dealership monday.

Welcome to my life, good luck sir. I have a 2014 with similar issues. Said it was rear main seal

Dzandersen

Chopped the fenders yesterday, may trim a little more off the front and smooth out that corner but so far I like them and they don't look to bad for using a sawzall.

Attachments

• 1437517294352.jpg
    1437517294352.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 85

CREEPR

Chopped the fenders yesterday, may trim a little more off the front and smooth out that corner but so far I like them and they don't look to bad for using a sawzall.

Razorblades do a great job cleaning up what the sawzall leaves behind. Looks great!

bonedaddy

Greetings from Spring Hill!

Hey you Tampa Bay Area peeps - if you have 35's mounted on stock wheels where did you get them installed? I know some shops won't because "they do not fit" but I'm sure some shops out there will without issue... I have dealt with 4Wheel Parts before, but I was just curious if anyone else new of a place... looking to maybe buy tires online and then have them put on here or just buy local and have them put them on...

any info would be great...

Dirt Foot

Hey you Tampa Bay Area peeps - if you have 35's mounted on stock wheels where did you get them installed? I know some shops won't because "they do not fit" but I'm sure some shops out there will without issue... I have dealt with 4Wheel Parts before, but I was just curious if anyone else new of a place... looking to maybe buy tires online and then have them put on here or just buy local and have them put them on...

It may be a little bit of a drive but I only use Patton Tire in Lake Wales. Great prices and awesome service.

Attachments

• 1437747211368.jpg
    1437747211368.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 85

Dzandersen

I thought about doing 35s on stock 17s but when I compared the price of 35s for 17s to 35s for 15s and buying a set of steel wheels (if you like that look) it was a better choice because you can sell your stock tires and wheels together as a kit and make back majority of that money you spent on 35s.

CharlieK

Just sent you a PM

Dzandersen

So the jeep ranch last weekend was fun. Wanting to go wheeling again soon possibly this weekend anybody doing anything if so when and where?

bonedaddy

Where is that? We are heading to NC for that Uwharrie Run this weekend, but am DTW after that... let's set something up...

Top Bottom