Ldogg's 2door Rubicon build

Ldogg

Thanks!

I decided to go with AEV because my rig mainly is my daily driver, and with my sons baseball schedule I don't get to wheel as much as I would like. With the opportunity to wheel one to three times a year they way things are for the next few years I wanted something that would be smooth on road. I also figured that on those trips when I do get to hit the trails I am going to hit trails that I already ran with my rig stock. Maybe a few slightly harder but nothing to extreme. Because of that and the fact that the AEV was pretty straight forward to install my self I went that route. Install to 6-7 hours and I had the geo brackets installed by a local shop. I couldn't get the arm bolts loose up front and they installed the brackets, checked over the lift and torqued all the bolts for $200. Plus they re centered my steering wheel.

Ldogg

Next up is swapping my diff covers and I am looking at getting a set of rugged ridge half doors and getting them painted white. I found this pic online the other night and love the look.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397855003.968280.jpg

Ldogg

Looks like I am going to order the mopar half door kits and get them painted. Does anyone know how the keys work on those kits? Do I just go to the dealer and get them to key them? The instructions for the door kits don't say.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looks like I am going to order the mopar half door kits and get them painted. Does anyone know how the keys work on those kits? Do I just go to the dealer and get them to key them? The instructions for the door kits don't say.

You need to take the locks and a spare key and they can do it in about an hour or so. It took 5 days for my dealer to do myne (needed new caps and they didn't have any) but it ended up being free since I had to wait which was good for me.

Ldogg

You need to take the locks and a spare key and they can do it in about an hour or so. It took 5 days for my dealer to do myne (needed new caps and they didn't have any) but it ended up being free since I had to wait which was good for me.

Sweet thanks! I will run them over while the doors are getting painted. Looks like it's about 400 everywhere I go. Gonna order the kits next week.

Ldogg

Thanks, it's getting there. After the half doors I am going to swap out the exhaust, possibly the hood with an AEV hood and get the evo protek skid system. I have the AEV hi lift mount on the way and the mopar fuel door as well.

Ldogg

Made some paracord zipper pulls for the soft top. Super easy to make, may start selling them here locally for a few bux.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398530497.663236.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398530506.415167.jpg

Ldogg

Looks good. :thumb:

Thx, they are super easy to make. I use a method from the tying it all together YouTube channel. I have his book a he has an easy method for creating the top loop then cobra stitch. I will take a pic go that page and post it tonight for anyone who wants to make their own.

Ldogg

Here are the instructions I used for the pulls. I used 2 2' sections to make each pull. Follow the start and then continue making the cobra weave until you get your desired length. The short end should be about the length you want. Probably 4-5" or so. Make the loop at the top bigger they he shows to fit the pull back through itself. Probably closer to 1".

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398570572.848591.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398570582.233777.jpg

Ldogg

easy install? been looking at getting one for a year or so now lol

Well it should be, however I had to remote the corner guard to get it to snap in. Lucky for me after that the guard went back on without any issues with screws. Otherwise yeah it's super simple. Remove the tail light pop off the old one, swap over the gasket and cap from the old one and snap in the new one.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well it should be, however I had to remote the corner guard to get it to snap in. Lucky for me after that the guard went back on without any issues with screws. Otherwise yeah it's super simple. Remove the tail light pop off the old one, swap over the gasket and cap from the old one and snap in the new one.

very cool thanks! should be simple enough then if i get it since i would have to deal with the corner guard.

Ldogg

Let me know if you do, I'd buy a set

Ok will do. They are super easy to make though and you can buy paracord cheap on amazon or on gorilla paracord. I honestly would rather help people make their own rather then take their money. 😊

25' is like 4bux shipped at gorilla paracord. That's who I order from. It's real us made 550 milspec. This should be the blue camo shown and the other color I used was carbon grey.

http://www.gorillaparacord.com/550-Paracord-Commercial-Type-III-7-Strand_p_8.html#.U16Ueom9LCQ

Last edited:

Ldogg

very cool thanks! should be simple enough then if i get it since i would have to deal with the corner guard.

Yeah there's 3 tabs on the inside and you can reach 2 and once loose the third on releases. Just don't forget the gasket on the gas tank tube needs to be transferred over and the cap pops off easy too.

Top Bottom