Mopar

JeepRubicon99787

Can you reproduce the squeak with your Jeep parked or do you have to be moving in order to make it happen? In other words, can you or a friend rock your Jeep back and forth or bounce up and down on the bumper to make it happen? If so, have someone do it while you lay under your Jeep looking for the sound. A creaking like this will cause whatever is causing it to vibrate so touch things like your control arms, shocks and sway bar links and the sound is being made. Whatever is vibrating the most is probably where your problem is. If you have the TeraFlex control arms, you may have a bushing that is dried out and/or blown. A dry sway bar link bushing can cause this sound as well and a polyurethane shock mount can as well. This is where I would start looking.

Well, I get the sound when i move from stand still or going over a speed bump. I don't have any vibrations though.

I did try and rock the jeep side to side and get the same sound but slightly.

The arms provided are from TF but non-adjustable..

I just got my jeep back and will try and locate the source..

Off Pavement

This goes out to all who installed this kit:

So here's a question, what made you choose this kit over all other's? What sold it for you?
I

I'll chime in with a little over 40K total miles on this lift as i think it's relevant. My rig is a '13 Unlimited... I chose the Stage III lift primarily BECAUSE of the fixed length control arms with rubber bushings. Additionally, the Speed Bumps up front are nice for the desert roads I often traverse. I have not had a single issue with the lift as it was designed.

On my '97 TJ that I had for 16 years, I went through just about everybody else's flexy jointed arms. Once "dialed in", I've never run into anyone that changed their control arms settings. The Mopar Stage III accounts for the changes with their fixed length arms (again this is on an Unlimited, I can't speak about a 2 door). The lift isn't for everyone, for me it's been ideal. I don't routinely run extremely difficult trails, but I am on the dirt at least weekly on moderate to difficult trips.

With that said, the lift is designed for 35 inch tires and I've got 37's now so to fit them required pinch seam trimming and an adjustable front track bar. Everything worked just fine for the 35's. I replaced the front drive shaft and removed the exhaust spacers and to accommodate the River Raider engine/transmission skid and clearance issue with the stock DS boot.

While it is true that you can probably get a bigger, better, flexier, less expensive lift from numerous suppliers, I don't know of one that could come close to being as reliable.

BillieBusinessCard.jpg

KingCopperhead

When you replaced the front DS did you remove the limit straps as well? Seems like their main purpose is to keep the factory ds from contacting during flex.

JeepRubicon99787

Well, I have found the the colpurt to my problem...

Due to under high pressure washing, all arms were bone dry and all joints.

All areas joints and arms lubed and no more squeeking.

Top Bottom