Twill vs black diamond sailcloth

Conquest jeep

So I'm going to be buying a new soft top soon. Is the twill really that much nicer for $250 or is the black diamond sailcloth just fine?

suicideking

I haven't seen the new fabric first hand, but have read that it's thicker higher quality. Plus cuts down on road noise. I would spend the $250.

RUMMY

Twill is awesome ! Spend the 250 with out a second thought !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Recently picked up a new premium soft top off a 2013. Been running it for a few months now. It looks/feels different than the black diamond. To me, the twill is more cloth/denim like in appearance and touch. Not saying it is better than the other, just my opinion on appearance of the fabric.

As for function. I came from a hard top and heard a lot about wind noise etc I'd experience with a soft top. To me, there is not much difference between my hard top and the newer soft top. Super quite and no noise/wind issues at all. The newer fabric is marketed as part of the reason???

Not sure I'd pay anywhere close to the $1200+ they sell for new. But I got a brand new one still in factory wrapping on CL for less than 5 bills. Came with all parts/brackets and nothing extra to buy. Well worth it at that price as the family loves going topless.

mrmet1983

The twill top came with my rubi and I can say it's night and day between twill and old style tops. The twill is much stronger quieter and in my opinion looks so much better then the older oem soft tops. If def spend the extra and get the twill!!

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Top Bottom