35's and no lift

Rocksalt

like others have said, 35's and no lift can be done with fender trimming, but you will have very little articulation. IMO better to run 33's and have the articulation. 35's will be better with a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2Cross

Caught the Bug
like others have said, 35's and no lift can be done with fender trimming, but you will have very little articulation. IMO better to run 33's and have the articulation. 35's will be better with a lift.

If you trim fenders and pinch seam and air dam so no rubbing.

Why would you have less articulation?

That's what I did for my son and it seems to articulate the same as stock

Rb1boxer_3

35s no lift cut fenders Evo front bumper no rear. As you can see the front is really low. I wheeled this past weekend and what a big difference it was going from stock tires to 35s. I only got stuck once instead of 5 times.

View attachment 250286 FB_IMG_1490617758513.jpeg

Sent from my Z812 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

World Traveler 76

This might be a silly question, but what would I need to use to cut my stock Rubi Hard Rock rails? DeWalt saws-all with a metal blade, 4" angle grinder or Dremil with a metal cutting disc? (Assume the dremil would be way out of scope).

I'm a few weeks away from installing a 2.5" lift and ordering 35" tires.

Just wondering if there is a thread/video on how to and where best to cut, with the best tool.

3TV

35s and no lift
33396240300_205c90c1a7_b.jpg

33651527051_d8a4289f86_b.jpg

3TV

Those are Mopar High Top Fender Flares. They feel considerably stronger than the stock fender flares, but they're still just plastic. I have been told they are made by Bushwacker, but sold by Mopar. Installation time is two hours, and the Jeep dealer put them on before putting on the 35" tires. Quadratec, and probably some other places also sell them.

Last edited:

tdougherty81

Those are Mopar High Top Fender Flares. They feel considerably stronger than the stock fender flares, but they're still just plastic. I have been told they are made by Bushwacker, but sold by Mopar. Installation time is two hours, and the Jeep dealer put them on before putting on the 35" tires. Quadratec, and probably some other places also sell them.
Just happened to be at the dealership

20170403_075626.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
35s and no lift
33396240300_205c90c1a7_b.jpg

33651527051_d8a4289f86_b.jpg

I do like those flares a bunch. I would remove the little plastic flare extensions to make it look better (and add clearance). I think it is just 3 10mm bolts per side. I got some covers made just for that bumper that I found online to give it a finished look and to keep the mud and dirt out. I think they were like 50 dollars and made from steel and the same color powdercoat as the bumper. Overall your flares with 35 looks like it should have come from the factory, big improvement!

Last edited:
Top Bottom