RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

mrmet1983

I will be heading up for this trip can't wait to get on some blues !!

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Tackerdown

Banned
In Newark Delaware anyone near by . Also did anyone gi to the Quadratec sale. I had a friend pick up some spider spacers for me 120$ for all 4.

JKMadness hooked me up

mrmet1983

Are you doing all weekend?

JKMadness hooked me up

Yes I will be wheeling both days just not sure how many I will be bringing with me cud be me and 2-3 other jks

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

ScottC

I might be putting the skid plate on today. Any tips?

You, sir, are about to learn all about the joys of Jeep Yoga.

Jack stands. You will probably need to elevate the Jeep to work underneath it. You can also use some additional jack stands (or the jack, or a rock, etc) to help you hold the skid plate up and in place on the opposite end of where you are installing the bolts.

Lay a large piece of cardboard down on the ground underneath the Jeep. It will help soften the ground while you are laying on it, and it will help prevent any damage to the skid plate or garage floor if the plate falls during installation.

A spare set of hands always helps.

If you got the Rock Hard transmission/oil pan skid, install the front mounting arms first and then move on to plate installation at the rear mounts. It will make it a lot easier to mount the plate itself when you are ready to move to the front mounts. Sorry, that was confusing, but it will make sense if you have this skid and can see the long bent pieces for the front mounts that attach to the motor mounts.

Warn your neighbors that you are about to suffer a temporary bout of Turret's Syndrome.

Start chilling the beer BEFORE you start the installation. That way, it is good and cold once you are done working and are out from underneath the Jeep for the last time. Until the next skid plate.

Know that the rest of us are there with you in spirit, and we probably wish we were turning wrenches as opposed to other non-Jeep related activities. For example, I am working on a paper about the shift of global powers from bipolarity to multipolarity to unpolarity. I can send you a copy of the final draft if you can't sleep.

Enjoy your day.

Aeraun

You, sir, are about to learn all about the joys of Jeep Yoga.

Jack stands. You will probably need to elevate the Jeep to work underneath it. You can also use some additional jack stands (or the jack, or a rock, etc) to help you hold the skid plate up and in place on the opposite end of where you are installing the bolts.

Lay a large piece of cardboard down on the ground underneath the Jeep. It will help soften the ground while you are laying on it, and it will help prevent any damage to the skid plate or garage floor if the plate falls during installation.

A spare set of hands always helps.

If you got the Rock Hard transmission/oil pan skid, install the front mounting arms first and then move on to plate installation at the rear mounts. It will make it a lot easier to mount the plate itself when you are ready to move to the front mounts. Sorry, that was confusing, but it will make sense if you have this skid and can see the long bent pieces for the front mounts that attach to the motor mounts.

Warn your neighbors that you are about to suffer a temporary bout of Turret's Syndrome.

Start chilling the beer BEFORE you start the installation. That way, it is good and cold once you are done working and are out from underneath the Jeep for the last time. Until the next skid plate.

Know that the rest of us are there with you in spirit, and we probably wish we were turning wrenches as opposed to other non-Jeep related activities. For example, I am working on a paper about the shift of global powers from bipolarity to multipolarity to unpolarity. I can send you a copy of the final draft if you can't sleep.

Enjoy your day.

Lmao thank you sir. I will keep you guys posted on my progress. Right now I'm at work - I do security for Stop and Shop - and I'm at a store that doesn't have any cameras so its a very, very, very long shift.

KPM171

I might be putting the skid plate on today. Any tips?

Install the front upper support brackets first before moving the skid into position, but just finger tighten the bolts.

If possible, have a hydraulic jack that rolls side to side as well as front to back. This will make it easier to line up the plate. Also, keep a shop towel or something to put between the skid and hydraulic jack.

For the long screw that goes through the crossmember, the locking washer will probably not fit. Just skip it.

If using your OEM t-case skid, only 3 of the tapered bolt head protectors will fit no matter how much you wish it were all 4. Just put the OEM bolt in the one spot where the new bolts don't work.

Try to line up the little converter cover plate before tightening everything down and use your extra OEM bolt that you pulled from dropping the front of the t-case skid.

If you didn't get a tapered bolt cover for the oil plug door, contact Rockhard4x4 to get one.

If you have any questions while you are working, just text me.

Aeraun

Install the front upper support brackets first before moving the skid into position, but just finger tighten the bolts.

If possible, have a hydraulic jack that rolls side to side as well as front to back. This will make it easier to line up the plate. Also, keep a shop towel or something to put between the skid and hydraulic jack.

For the long screw that goes through the crossmember, the locking washer will probably not fit. Just skip it.

If using your OEM t-case skid, only 3 of the tapered bolt head protectors will fit no matter how much you wish it were all 4. Just put the OEM bolt in the one spot where the new bolts don't work.

Try to line up the little converter cover plate before tightening everything down and use your extra OEM bolt that you pulled from dropping the front of the t-case skid.

If you didn't get a tapered bolt cover for the oil plug door, contact Rockhard4x4 to get one.

If you have any questions while you are working, just text me.

Thank you sir. I only have the oil pan skid atm. Hopefully I won't run into any problems you didn't have since I have automatic.

bl17z90

So i got in trouble today.

We decided earlier this week that we are doing our wedding this december. Well I just told her today that i am going to Rausch. She asked me when did you decide this?!?! When I said last week she was suddenly not as angry but still a little bit irritated :bleh:

Then I read her KP's post and now shes laughing :thumb:

Sent from my phone?

KPM171

So i got in trouble today.

We decided earlier this week that we are doing our wedding this december. Well I just told her today that i am going to Rausch. She asked me when did you decide this?!?! When I said last week she was suddenly not as angry but still a little bit irritated :bleh:

Then I read her KP's post and now shes laughing :thumb:

Sent from my phone?
LOL! :cheesy:

Aeraun

Are we doing trail # 11? It is on the badge of honor Jeep app.

Yes we usually hit it, however, I'm pretty sure for all the RC trails, as long as you are somewhere in the park and use the app for that specific trail it will go through. My worked perfectly last time

Tackerdown

Banned
Yes we usually hit it, however, I'm pretty sure for all the RC trails, as long as you are somewhere in the park and use the app for that specific trail it will go through. My worked perfectly last time

Did you get your badges yet?

JKMadness hooked me up

Top Bottom