Jon Snow (formerly Plan-C) The WAYALIFE XJ Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, as mentioned, I installed the 2.5" lift but also added Bushwacker flat fenders to help clear 285's which are basically a small 35" tires as both have a true measurement around 33". I probably could have used about an inch more lift to ensure no rubbing but, I really hate running a taller lift if I can help it :yup:

TheBaconator

Yup, as mentioned, I installed the 2.5" lift but also added Bushwacker flat fenders to help clear 285's which are basically 35" tires as both have a true measurement of 33". I probably could have used about an inch more lift to ensure no rubbing but, I really hate running a taller lift if I can help it :yup:

Any taller of a lift and you wouldn't be able to fit into your garages :)
Can't wait to see some flexy photos of Plan C

This is Baconator at the last event we went to
1551553_975184552305_8962128418948564502_n.jpg

Hack12

Hey Eddie, just picked my XJ up today and, though they had it aligned, the steering wheel is still quite a bit off center. Is it the same process as the JK's to recenter the wheel?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie, just picked my XJ up today and, though they had it aligned, the steering wheel is still quite a bit off center. Is it the same process as the JK's to recenter the wheel?

For the most part, yes. This diagram I made for my really old website is for a TJ but, it will be the same on an XJ.

alignment01.jpg

Here's the link to my old write-up
http://www.4x4xplor.com/alignment.html

Hack12

Plan C - The WAYALIFE XJ Build Thread

Well, thought I might be able to get away with stuffing 265/70r15's under her without a lift. As you can plainly see, I was dead wrong.

These tires really accentuate her saggy ass. Can't wait to get her lifted now. I think 2.5 - 3" should do the trick. Clearly, I'm gonna need a new complete leaf pack in the rear.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419535699.839937.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419535736.177194.jpg

Last edited:

Hack12

Eddie, you certainly weren't kidding when you said that the Truck-Lites make these decade and a half old vehicles look new. Huge difference in light output. They seem to be brighter than the ones I had on my JK, but I could be mistaken as I don't have it anymore to actually compare.

As always, great recommendation Eddie!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419736432.990841.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419736446.981435.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice!! Your XJ is looking SWEET!!! :thumb:

As mentioned, you definitely have a D35. The upside is that there's a lot more products made for it like gears, lockers, axle shafts, etc. The downside is that it's a D35 with c-clips.

Hack12

Nice!! Your XJ is looking SWEET!!! :thumb:

As mentioned, you definitely have a D35. The upside is that there's a lot more products made for it like gears, lockers, axle shafts, etc. The downside is that it's a D35 with c-clips.

Yeah, I was double crossing all my fingers and toes for an 8.25, but no such luck.

I'm not entirely heartbroken though since I don't plan on going too crazy on this XJ. I think the 30's I have on there now are as big as I'll go. I like the idea of making it into more an exploring vehicle than a hardcore wheeler.

As long as she can handle some decent snowfall and looks pretty I'll be happy.

Can't wait to get her up 3" and actually be able to go for a ride!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I was double crossing all my fingers and toes for an 8.25, but no such luck.

I'm not entirely heartbroken though since I don't plan on going too crazy on this XJ. I think the 30's I have on there now are as big as I'll go. I like the idea of making it into more an exploring vehicle than a hardcore wheeler.

As long as she can handle some decent snowfall and looks pretty I'll be happy.

Can't wait to get her up 3" and actually be able to go for a ride!

You'll be fine with what you have and what you hope to do with your XJ. They are a lot lighter than a JK and don't need the same kind of beef.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Not to change the subject......but a buddy of mine sent me this pic. Is this possible? I'm leaning towards Photoshop. I do like it though.

ForumRunner_20141228_134448.png

Top Bottom