New Genright Cage Coming!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think so, obstruction or something. Think about it, you don't see any vehicle anymore with split windows (old VW buses, big rigs, buses, motor homes). It my have been some code written in over the years to phase that type of construction out. Hell, I really don't know, maybe I will look into it a little deeper instead of just guessing:icon_crazy:

That would be my guess.

Bummed I'm going to miss SEMA this year and can't check it out in person. Hopefully "somebody" takes a lot of high res pictures. ;)

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I suspect you could just leave the "V" out if it blocked the drivers vision or was illegal. 2 less tubes to be fit and welded.

The center "V" down the windshield wouldn't work for me on a DD.

I talked with ORE (Mel) about the center windshield "V" bars, pretty much an illegal add on for on-road use. Not sure that I care, I would run it until Johnny Law cited me or it.

What is illegal? The reduction of visibility?

I think so, obstruction or something. Think about it, you don't see any vehicle anymore with split windows (old VW buses, big rigs, buses, motor homes). It my have been some code written in over the years to phase that type of construction out. Hell, I really don't know, maybe I will look into it a little deeper instead of just guessing:icon_crazy:

i think that even something hanging from your rear view mirror is "citable".... so ya that sounds about rite...

andrew-

mikefishes

I suspect you could just leave the "V" out if it blocked the drivers vision or was illegal. 2 less tubes to be fit and welded.

Do you guys thoink it's possible that the "v" is just tacked in to add reinforcement before it is all welded up? I ask, because there also appears to be a bar that start between the passenger side doors and the appears to tun to the top corner of the drivers side windshield. That would basically have to run through the driver...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Do you guys thoink it's possible that the "v" is just tacked in to add reinforcement before it is all welded up? I ask, because there also appears to be a bar that start between the passenger side doors and the appears to tun to the top corner of the drivers side windshield. That would basically have to run through the driver...

That's an optical illusion. What you are describing is two different bars. One goes from the floor of the b-pillar up to the harness bar. The other comes up from the driver's footwell to tie in to driver's a-pillar area.

As for the "v", it's common on most off-road only cages so I don't think it's just tacked in there.

mikefishes

That's an optical illusion. What you are describing is two different bars. One goes from the floor of the b-pillar up to the harness bar. The other comes up from the driver's footwell to tie in to driver's a-pillar area.

As for the "v", it's common on most off-road only cages so I don't think it's just tacked in there.

Yeah, I see my confusion about the second bar now. I was looking on my phone and the photo was way too small. Thanks

rtguy1

Don't forget the disclaimer posted along with the pic of the cage.

(Pictured is the protoype, production cage may change)

I doubt the production cage will be this hardcore out of the box. Doesn't mean you can't add your own twists to it though. :beer:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Here's some pics of the cage that I was sent.

1381094224404.jpg
1381094249978.jpg

You can see where it hooks into their forthcoming outboard Coilover towers
1381094296684.jpg

B Pillar mount.
1381094341183.jpg

Unfinished front
1381094377144.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

rtguy1

that was a nice looking cage. checked it out yesterday. there are gonna be a lot of changes though to the actual production unit. talking to the rep, it seems like you better just wait to see the finished production unit. basically the only thing that will be the same is that its steel tubing:cheesy:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So you have to completely abandon your OEM dash? Wow, that should fly right off the shelves. :nah:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
So you have to completely abandon your OEM dash? Wow, that should fly right off the shelves. :nah:

Nope. They are still working fitment with the OEM dash. This rig just happened to have a new one built.

Top Bottom