How to get more of a comfortable ride?

BEE'S TWIN

So another newbie question about making the ride a little more comfortable. Should I change the shocks or is it the springs or is it both? I have a full skyjacker kit, and starting to think that was a bad idea at least as far a comfort. It is just a SA right now. LA will happen before WOTR.

Should I start with getting a good pair of shocks?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i would say its both the springs and shocks. my old skyjacker lift (2" BB with shocks) was stiff. once i switched to my teraflex lift with bilstein shocks it is smoother.

from what eddie has said in the past the skyjackers are an old school hydro shock so that will be main contributer to the issue.

David1tontj

^what they said, but also make sure you aren't running too much air in your tires. This is huge when it comes to smoothing out little bumps. I'm sure there Is a write up somewhere about how to determine the correct pressure for your rig, but long story short, you put chalk across your tread and drive a couple hundred feet. If it wore off in the middle you have too much air. If it wore off on the edges- too little air. You want it all to wear off evenly. You might be surprised how far off you are. The pressures will probably be different for front and rear. That's my 2 cents. Good luck

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Last edited:

BEE'S TWIN

Awesome thank you.. Next question have anyone of you had an issue with a clicking when you jeep starts and keeps clicking when you accelerate? Lifters? Timing chain? :(

JK-MAT

1. Shocks. Make sure you have a nice set thats valved correctly for your vehicle.
2. Coils. Dual rate preferred.
3. Tire Pressure. Huge deciding factor here. You could have the best riding shock/coil/CA setup, but if your running too much air in your tires, every bump will be painful. Try dropping 2-3 psi out of your tires. You'd be amazed at how much difference it makes

silverbackjk

1. Shocks. Make sure you have a nice set thats valved correctly for your vehicle.
2. Coils. Dual rate preferred.
3. Tire Pressure. Huge deciding factor here. You could have the best riding shock/coil/CA setup, but if your running too much air in your tires, every bump will be painful. Try dropping 2-3 psi out of your tires. You'd be amazed at how much difference it makes

I would not agree with dual rate coils when you load your jeep up it uses all the soft part of the coil and you are riding on the firm part. Also after time the part compresses and you are only riding on the firm part

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom