Higher than usual gas consumption

JLearie

I drive a 2008 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. It seems like it's burning way more gas than it should (I know that Jeeps aren't the most fuel efficient, but this seems excessive). Right now I'm getting 17.9L/100km (I'm in Canada). I'm more or less just trying to see if this normal, or if there is something that can be addressed.
It's the 3.8L, automatic transmission
275/70/17 BFG AT on stock wheels
Teraflex 1.5 leveling kit, Rubicon shocks
Stubby front bumper
Hard top and doors on all the time
Running on regular gas
Oil changes at 5000km
Occasionally I get a check engine light, got a code once said it was an O2 sensor, never replaced it the code went away

Any help is greatly appreciated.

jeeeep

Hooked
you might get that O2 sensor checked, just because the light went off doesn't mean it's no longer an issue. bad O2 sensors will cause bad gas consumption

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So that's @ 13 mpg? Might not hurt to check the sensor. The light has not come back on since then? I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I think the warning lights will go on then cycle out after so many miles. I'm not sure how may OS a jeep has but my last vehicle had four. O'Reilly or Autozone can check code for free.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
So that's @ 13 mpg? Might not hurt to check the sensor. The light has not come back on since then? I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I think the warning lights will go on then cycle out after so many miles. I'm not sure how may OS a jeep has but my last vehicle had four. O'Reilly or Autozone can check code for free.

Good advice and an accurate MPG conversion.:clap2: No expert here, but I'd guess with your mods and reasonable application of the skinny pedal, you should be in the 15L/100KM or 15-16MPG range.Good luck!:yup:

2k13jk

This may sound dumb to some people but it actually works and its happened to me you need to get your computer re-calibrated for the right size tires your running the computer thinks your running factory tires when your running bigger then usual tires when i took off the factory 225s off my jk i put 265s on my mileage instantly went to crap then i re-calibrated the computer with a tuner and now my mileage is back to what it was before the tires

Top Bottom