Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

akershner

The front has never had shocks as long as I've owned it. So I bought some new shock bushings and installed a set of factory JK shocks on it. They are close enough to the right length, so it'll work ! View attachment 203542

New lines compared to factory Length..
View attachment 203543

Brakelines on!

View attachment 203544

Still need to pick up a brake switch and bleed them..

Hey piginajeep, did you have to modify the jk shocks to fit your FC mounts? I have a set of rubicon shocks that I'd like to put on my FC -150... your suspension setup looks similar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey piginajeep, did you have to modify the jk shocks to fit your FC mounts? I have a set of rubicon shocks that I'd like to put on my FC -150... your suspension setup looks similar.

I just pressed in new hour glass bushings on one side, and drilled out the other side for the larger stud on the FC.

These work fine until I finally decide to buy the right ones, but they are stiff enough for the FC IMO

akershner

I just pressed in new hour glass bushings on one side, and drilled out the other side for the larger stud on the FC.

These work fine until I finally decide to buy the right ones, but they are stiff enough for the FC IMO

Hmmm, I'ms till a couple weeks away from reassembling with new shocks and springs, I may just sell the Rubicon shocks and go with 'OEM'. I can't wait to get this thing rolling. Thanks for documenting your adventure, very inspiring!

IMG_1698.JPG

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The rubi shocks or the OEM aren't stiff enough? If you're referring to the current stance in the pic, it's soft alright. The original shocks are still on it and the leaf springs look like a shitty deck of cards. The passenger front spring snapped off at the bushing:)

The factory Jk shocks I'm running

Top Bottom