Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

Thanks Jason, Sean, and Jeff!
It has definitely been a fun project, I've never built a swing out that tied into the tailgate before.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Doing some adjusting on the tire carrier today over lunch- I know I need to shim the top in between the mount and the frame rail (frame rail is not perpendicular) so the carrier is 1/4" from being level at the upright. Quickly realized one of my bolts was seized and the nut stripped pretty quickly. Got out the grinder and cut off the head, only to realize the body mount won't let the bolt go out the inside of the frame rail :banghead:
So I cut the inside off as well :) lol
I still need another shim and will probably turn 2 slots back into holes now that I know where things need to go. So far it is working better than I anticipated :)
1410891602732.jpg

pvanweelden

Has anyone noticed these Cree quad row led lights that are showing up on ebay?
This particular one is a 36" bar with 156 3 watt leds= 468 watts. Downside is you need a 40 amp relay. 360 watts is max for a 30 amp relay.
1410897326010.jpg

pvanweelden

so, i was doing some final adjustments to my tire carrier mount last night, broke my flange on the nut inside the frame rail :doh: normal situations, you would use the flange once or twice (install it and be done) but i have removed/reinstalled the passenger side about 10 times in the last 2 weeks while test fitting and building the carrier. needless to say, i cut the head off and pulled it out the frame rail and made the opening on the inside a little bigger to get it out. Made a new flange nut. Took the carrier back off to repaint a few pieces, will probably leave it off until the slabs show up.

a few days ago, i started to notice a squeak in the front while turning- looked into it last night, passenger side u joint. i thought no big deal until i went to find one locally today :doh:
For once i can say, it sucks to be a rubi owner :eek: even the dealer doesn't have the 68017182aa in stock. Went to the one place in town that stocks spicer and no luck. Called around to all the auto parts stores. nothing
no offroading for me this weekend :doh: pity party of one, my table is ready :D
found the Spicer 5-7166x online and ordered 2. will probably order 2 more in a few weeks for spares.

so, i was doing some final adjustments to my tire carrier mount last night, broke my flange on the nut inside the frame rail :doh: normal situations, you would use the flange once or twice (install it and be done) but i have removed/reinstalled the passenger side about 10 times in the last 2 weeks while test fitting and building the carrier. needless to say, i cut the head off and pulled it out the frame rail and made the opening on the inside a little bigger to get it out. Made a new flange nut. Took the carrier back off to repaint a few pieces, will probably leave it off until the slabs show up.

a few days ago, i started to notice a squeak in the front while turning- looked into it last night, passenger side u joint. i thought no big deal until i went to find one locally today :doh:
For once i can say, it sucks to be a rubi owner :eek: even the dealer doesn't have the 68017182aa in stock. Went to the one place in town that stocks spicer and no luck. Called around to all the auto parts stores. nothing
found the Spicer 5-7166x online and ordered 2. will probably order 2 more in a few weeks for spares.

Damn that sucks... I bought 2 for the RC trip... at autozone ;) :p

pvanweelden

Are you sure they are for the rubi? From clip to clip should be 2.47"
I did not actually call them, I called advance, oreillys, napa, certified, and the dealer, and everyone stocks the one for non rubi, but no one had the rubi u joints. Will check their website. I want spicer, but I will take anything right now :)

Are you sure they are for the rubi? From clip to clip should be 2.47"
I did not actually call them, I called advance, oreillys, napa, certified, and the dealer, and everyone stocks the one for non rubi, but no one had the rubi u joints. Will check their website. I want spicer, but I will take anything right now :)

Well according to their computer they're the right ones... But I have no way to measure them down here.

CZEBJKU

Looks like it was a fun time. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Recurve

I LITERALLY went through the same problem in my area! I had to go to custom driveshaft/u-joint warahouse an they still had to order it! Its why I missed the rousche creek trip :grayno:
Makes ya wonder if you should buy some extras for a trail fix or in a bind? Since they are so scarce.

Top Bottom