Backup light upgrades?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Not to divert away from the links everyone listed in the thread, but another website to check out is superbrightleds.com.

I bought some interior LED ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414118543.316221.jpg bulbs from them and I'm very pleased. They make the bulbs in house and have applications for anything. From cars to household applications. They're located in St. Louis.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Thanks NFR. We don't get a whole lot of fog here in Northern CA so they would mostly be a supplement to my headlights. Like changing them into more of a driving light I guess. So with the ease of this back up light up grade and how great they work I was just looking for a plug and play replacement for those bulbs. So would just any H16 led bulb work?

Sort of. Chrysler uses proprietary bulbs that only they make. They are only available through them, and they are a ripoff (like $18 per bulb). The bulbs are PX24 or some weird number like that. H16 bulbs are exactly the same size and socket, except they have two little plastic tabs that need to be snipped off (5 seconds with a razor blade.) When you hold the stock bulbs and an H16 right next to each other, the part that needs to be snipped is obvious. Then yes, its just plug and play. Note, if you put in an LED, you may have flickering issues, so you might need to wire in something like the trucklite anti flicker harness.

Top Bottom