2013 SEMA Show LIVE Coverage

LittleRed

That's the Expedition One rig. It's running their core series front bumper, their sliders (available pretty soon per their website) and their core series rear bumper which is still a prototype but noted it should be in production by early next year. the core series rear bumper is like their trail series bumper but with the ends cut shorter (which I really like).

They make awesome products...i have their basic dx bumper with modular side wings and the skid plate and couldn't be happier

If we could get a picture of the rear bumper she sliders that would be awesome! I'm having a tough time finding any

Last edited:

BTkillerr

I don't know about the full exo cage but I like the cage from the windshield back as a rack. The only rack on the market I like(I run a Trektop NX not a hard top) sits too far away from the tub not up close like this one. I worry about snagging on rocks in close quarters. I wonder how stout this one is without the cage running from the door jam to the grill. Looks solid though. Any more info on this?

BTKillerr

Suds1485

I heard lod was going to have the armor lite rear bumper at the show. Is this true? If so did you happen to get pic if it? Thanks Steve

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I heard lod was going to have the armor lite rear bumper at the show. Is this true? If so did you happen to get pic if it? Thanks Steve

It was and you can see some pics of it here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?12118-2013-SEMA-LoD-Blue-4-Door-Jeep-JK-Wrangler

It's basically the same bumper in terms of looks, but it's now 21% lighter than previous models. It's also built out of Armor Lite Steel that’s 2X as strong as Regular Steel. The latch system is a bit different and now fully adjustable. Lastly the Hinge has a machined cap on it with a larger and stronger locking pin and an aluminum wear plate.

Suds1485

Thanks. I saw those pics but wasn't sure of it based on the looks. Thanks. Well at least I can order my bumpers I was waiting in this.

Spartan

It was and you can see some pics of it here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?12118-2013-SEMA-LoD-Blue-4-Door-Jeep-JK-Wrangler

It's basically the same bumper in terms of looks, but it's now 21% lighter than previous models. It's also built out of Armor Lite Steel that’s 2X as strong as Regular Steel. The latch system is a bit different and now fully adjustable. Lastly the Hinge has a machined cap on it with a larger and stronger locking pin and an aluminum wear plate.

x2 stronger then steel and 21% lighter? Are we talking 3/16th box steel? What kind of steel are they comparing it to? The rear bumper on my Jeep was made out of box steel and bouncing it off rocks, or scraping it across rocks did little more then scratch it. If this stuff is x 2 as strong this maybe the bumper I put on my new Jeep.

Top Bottom