Any Mountain Bikers?

kornchip

Night riding looks like a good time. Most of the places around me close at dusk so I'm gonna keep an eye out.

Tigrcky

Lots of beautiful bikes and trails!!! Gotta get some riding in when I hit home time!

Sent from my whatyamacallit

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As some of you may remember, about a year ago I had to forgo another surgery and was told I would more than likely never be able to ride a bike again. After being told that, I sold my Specialized Enduro Pro with full XTR and gave up on the idea of being able to enjoy mountain biking again. I love mountain biking. I competed in NORBA a long time ago in the Junior Men's Downhill class and after some success I stuck with it. To make a long story a bit shorter, I have almost fully recovered and although I will be on medication for the rest of my life, I am feeling almost no pain with just the occasional soreness. I am running about 16-20 miles a week and biking a little here and there to make sure I'm good to go. I have been cleared by the Doc to resume mountain biking madness! If all continues to go well I will hopefully be in the market for a mountain bike again soon.
This bring me to a question. When did Titus go out of business? Man I'm behind the times! I always love there El Guapo, but looks like Ill just have to keep wanting!

JKFlyer

As some of you may remember, about a year ago I had to forgo another surgery and was told I would more than likely never be able to ride a bike again. After being told that, I sold my Specialized Enduro Pro with full XTR and gave up on the idea of being able to enjoy mountain biking again. I love mountain biking. I competed in NORBA a long time ago in the Junior Men's Downhill class and after some success I stuck with it. To make a long story a bit shorter, I have almost fully recovered and although I will be on medication for the rest of my life, I am feeling almost no pain with just the occasional soreness. I am running about 16-20 miles a week and biking a little here and there to make sure I'm good to go. I have been cleared by the Doc to resume mountain biking madness! If all continues to go well I will hopefully be in the market for a mountain bike again soon.
This bring me to a question. When did Titus go out of business? Man I'm behind the times! I always love there El Guapo, but looks like Ill just have to keep wanting!

Hey...glad to hear you can get back to one of your old passions!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Beyrgut

I think On One bought Titus so the El Guapo may still be available. You might wan to look at Pivot, it was started by the founder of Titus back in 06. Congrats on proving the docs wrong about getting back on a bike. :rock:

kornchip

Hey guys im lookin for some advice. I wanna suprise my fiance with a bike here in a couple weeks. I wanna keep it between 500 and 700. She is new to riding so I wanna get her something dependable to start on. Ive been looking at the cannondale trail 7 and the specialized myka disc. I wanna get her a hardtail with disc brakes. Also should I get her a 29er or 26? Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
:beer:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey guys im lookin for some advice. I wanna suprise my fiance with a bike here in a couple weeks. I wanna keep it between 500 and 700. She is new to riding so I wanna get her something dependable to start on. Ive been looking at the cannondale trail 7 and the specialized myka disc. I wanna get her a hardtail with disc brakes. Also should I get her a 29er or 26? Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Fit is important. Let her pick it out. :yup:

BlackKnight

Fit is important. Let her pick it out. :yup:

Absolutely. You have to factor in her height to get the correct frame dimensions right. Then it gets down to personal preferences. I'd do what I just did with my wife. Buy a card. Insert a picture of a bike and write on it an IOU. Then get her to a bike shop you trust and get her on the right bike. It can make all the difference. If you get the wrong bike she may not enjoy it and may not want to share that passion of yours. The right bike and she may be the driving force pushing you to go out riding.

Sent from my Apple personal messaging system using WAYALIFE mobile app

36Fan

Myka 29er and make it as comfortable as possible for her. Wives/girl friends tend to lose interest really quick if the ride is unpleasant,which makes the drive home even worse.

kornchip

I am definitely gonna let her pick it. I am more looking for brands that anyone has experience with positive or negative thanks for all the advice so far! We went to the trek store and she tried the Excalibur 29er and she was indifferent

2trackin

I really need to get back on my bike. Been almost 2 years.
Mongoose teocali comp

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1398648147634.jpg
    1398648147634.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 164

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I think On One bought Titus so the El Guapo may still be available. You might wan to look at Pivot, it was started by the founder of Titus back in 06. Congrats on proving the docs wrong about getting back on a bike. :rock:

Thanks! And Ill definately check them out. Ive been eyeballing some retro frames as well, doing some research to see how modern I can go with an old school frame. :idontknow:

kornchip

Thanks! And Ill definately check them out. Ive been eyeballing some retro frames as well, doing some research to see how modern I can go with an old school frame. :idontknow:

It would be cool if you built it from the ground up. If you go that route be sure to post it up! :thumb:

Beyrgut

Everyone must do the Rubicon of mountain biking, Whistler Bike Park. I went a couple years ago and already trying to figure out/budget when to go again.

Not the best/fastest rider but I had a blast chasing my buddy down the mountain on B-line.

JK-JOHN-E

Everyone must do the Rubicon of mountain biking, Whistler Bike Park. I went a couple years ago and already trying to figure out/budget when to go again.

Not the best/fastest rider but I had a blast chasing my buddy down the mountain on B-line.

Very cool...takes me back to my bmx days...that looks fun. Never been mountain biking

Top Bottom