First Camping Trip

This weekend taking our first camping trip with the jeep and daughter since she's been born. Got some stuff to get ready today. Going with some family and friends and hit this for my little girl and her friend. Teaching her right. Had to test it out as soon as we got hone if course though. Will take more picks of the weekend and our events.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383617536.936395.jpg

Very cool campsite!! Did you use a power inverter or????

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Well there were supposed to be another family with us and the mother inlaw came so we got a campsite with a receptacle. And my daughter is 3 and her first camping trip. It's only being used for the Xmas lights though. No tv or anything of the sorts. We just needed to get out and enjoy a weekend. We are only bout 15 minutes from the house. Now when I go to Arkansas or something I'll be a little more legit

David1tontj

Well there were supposed to be another family with us and the mother inlaw came so we got a campsite with a receptacle. And my daughter is 3 and her first camping trip. It's only being used for the Xmas lights though. No tv or anything of the sorts. We just needed to get out and enjoy a weekend. We are only bout 15 minutes from the house. Now when I go to Arkansas or something I'll be a little more legit

Very cool! My daughters first camping trip was awesome! All she wanted to do was split firewood. :scary: ( she was 2, and she's almost 3 now

Very cool! My daughters first camping trip was awesome! All she wanted to do was split firewood. :scary: ( she was 2, and she's almost 3 now

Will take more pics of the site in the morning. Going to do a campfire breakfast in morning. Prolly done fishing tomorrow also.

Well unfortunately the trip was a major bust. The other family that was supposed to come could t cause a few got sick. This morning right when I got the campfire bout ready to do breakfast I got called out to a job that I'm currently on my way home from. It rained all day on my family while they were out there so they packed it up and left. I guess on the bright side I did get teach my daughter how to make s'mores and hot dogs over the fire last night so I guess the night wasn't so bad. And I got no pics of the jeep at the site.

David1tontj

Sorry to hear that, try not to let it discourage you.. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

crowrb29

Well unfortunately the trip was a major bust. The other family that was supposed to come could t cause a few got sick. This morning right when I got the campfire bout ready to do breakfast I got called out to a job that I'm currently on my way home from. It rained all day on my family while they were out there so they packed it up and left. I guess on the bright side I did get teach my daughter how to make s'mores and hot dogs over the fire last night so I guess the night wasn't so bad. And I got no pics of the jeep at the site.

Sorry to hear the trip was a bust. Really want to take me 3YO son on a trip. He loves to be outdoors. Doesn't really like the bumpy trails that come with jeeping though. Spose maybe in a couple years when he understands what is going on a little bit better.

Sorry to hear that, try not to let it discourage you.. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Oh I'm not discouraged. There will be more trips. This is just what happens when you plan a simple camping trip I've a month in advance. Me and my wife are kind of dour of the moment with these kinds of trips because you can control the situation a lot easier. Hell since it was planned so far out I forgot bout it and started making plans to go to my brothers for this weekend in KY and do some deer hunting lol.

Sorry to hear the trip was a bust. Really want to take me 3YO son on a trip. He loves to be outdoors. Doesn't really like the bumpy trails that come with jeeping though. Spose maybe in a couple years when he understands what is going on a little bit better.

Well luckily for me my daughter started riding in mine a little after a year old. And I mean with doors off and top down. She loves it and prolly wouldn't care what we did in it. Now she just needs to get a tad older to help me work ok it and actually be a help. Don't get me wrong I love when she tries and help me now but sometimes I'm in a hurry cause I don't have a lot of time these days.

saFFFari

crowrb29 said:
Ive taken my son wheeling at roughly 1yr old and I wasn't sure how he would do with the bumpiness so to make sure his head wouldn't whip back and forth I used his blanky and rolled it to support his neck and cushion both sides of his head. I drove slow and easy on a semi hard trail. He loved it, and even feel asleep halfway into it. Perhaps u can try getting him one of those road trip pillows as he may enjoy it better and look fwd to it? I don't know.. Just a thought. As far as camping.. I've taken him out since he was 6months .. He's two now and has camped a total of 12+ days on 4 different trips. (3 days average per trip)

Top Bottom