33's on stock jeep

jodonn

Got my first jeep and love it. Want to add a 2.5 Terra flex coil lift and 33's. Can I do the tires first? And if I do what is the back spacing for the wheels?

Brankz

Congrats

This how it will look with out the lift.
In my stock rims I have 1.75" of spacers in front and back
View attachment 55760
View attachment 55761
Sorry I don't have better pics but the pics on my phone got deleted

Thrust me save more money and go with 35 or 37, I got my tires 4 months ago and I hate them they look small, now I'm saving again for 37 and a 3 inch TF lift.

Brankz

Got my first jeep and love it. Want to add a 2.5 Terra flex coil lift and 33's. Can I do the tires first? And if I do what is the back spacing for the wheels?

Yes you can run 33's on a stock JK. I had them on mine and actully still do until I replace them with 35's. If I may suggest do a lot of research on your lift before pulling the trigger. I am having buyers remorse on my lift. Had I just waited a little longer I would be riding around on better lift than just a budget boost.

What tire are you looking for?

Pro-Comp 2.5 with 33 MT Baja ATZ's
Jeep2.jpg

R/
Will

Brankz

Yes you can run 33's on a stock JK. I had them on mine and actully still do until I replace them with 35's. If I may suggest do a lot of research on your lift before pulling the trigger. I am having buyers remorse on my lift. Had I just waited a little longer I would be riding around on better lift than just a budget boost.

What tire are you looking for?

Pro-Comp 2.5 with 33 MT Baja ATZ's
View attachment 55762

R/
Will

Are does 33/12.50? They look bigger than mines.

Brankz

Brankz i think they are 32.7x11.22x17 or 285/70/R17. Not really sure since I have not really looked at them in about 5 months. :yup:

Last edited:

jodonn

My JK is mostly my daily ride. We don't have any good trails in this part of Pa. I mostly hit new construction job sites where I work. Mild 4x4 (but good mud after heavy rain).Nothing major. Gas mileage is important. Is there much difference between 33 or 35? And do I have to recalibrate the OBD if I only do the tires?

My JK is mostly my daily ride. We don't have any good trails in this part of Pa. I mostly hit new construction job sites where I work. Mild 4x4 (but good mud after heavy rain).Nothing major. Gas mileage is important. Is there much difference between 33 or 35? And do I have to recalibrate the OBD if I only do the tires?

If you go to 35's yes you will have to recalibrate and adjust your shift points if you have an automatic. My service manager is a buddy and he said he would recalibrate for me. Might be something you can aske your service manager.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

You should come to Rausch creek with us. It's in tremont just outside of Harrisburg.

From a wheeling standpoint yes there is a huge difference from 33 to 35 in my opinion. I had 32's and had them for about 10k miles before I jumped to 35's I felt limited by the size of my tires. Do it right the first time and get 35's.

Sent from my iPhone

UpsideUp

I just lifted mine with an AEV 4.5 lift and one reason I chose AEV is because I wasn't looking for a dedicated rock crawling style lift but something still really capable of doing the wheeling I do. It was cheaper than most other 4.5" lift kits plus it came with the Procal module which allows you to recalibrate your settings. I got about 6.5" out of the lift in the front and I'm running 35x12.5's. Plenty high without the high cost of gearing and other braces like C gussets and such. Just my two cents.
As one of the others mentioned, shop around and think hard about what type of wheeling you are going to do. Then save your pennies to do it right for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1383797236558.jpg
    1383797236558.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 687

jodonn

Thank you for your help. I'm looking at 285/70/17's. I'm ordering the Tera Flex 2.5" coil lift. When I get new rims will the back space make a difference? I don't want to install spacers. I'm taking your advice and researching before buying. Trying to get everything together to do the install all at once. May take awhile SO MUCH MONEY!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thank you for your help. I'm looking at 285/70/17's. I'm ordering the Tera Flex 2.5" coil lift. When I get new rims will the back space make a difference? I don't want to install spacers. I'm taking your advice and researching before buying. Trying to get everything together to do the install all at once. May take awhile SO MUCH MONEY!!!

yes the back space will make a difference. not only will the wider stance make you feel more stable but it will help with clearance issues you may run into.

also since you are looking into the teraflex lift you will yeild more than 2.5" of lift becuase they are stiffer coils and also becuase you are a two door. if you want to wait on the lift i can give you a ride in mine sometime so you can get an idea for how it feels

jodonn

What do you think of a 2" Tera flex level kit with new shocks and a adjustable front trac bar? How will it ride and handle? This seams to be in my budget right now.

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
This is 285/70 17 with no lift
IMG_0046.jpg
307481_10200797344358710_808224416_n.jpg

Same tires with TF leveling kit, 2 one inch pucks in front, 1 one inch in the rear, otherwise stock suspension.
IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg

Army_Vet

Banned
My mileage went from 21 mpg to 18.5 with my 33" I have 15" wheels with 3.5" B/S so mine stick out past the flares about 1.5-2"... I love the look, and somehow with the B/S and the 15" wheels My tires seem to look bigger than they are.

aldaman

33s fit with no lift. Here is a pic of my Jeep with just a 1" puck in the front to give that leveled look.

DSCN0927.jpg

As for the back spacing, you can't go wrong with choosing anywhere from 4.75-4.5-4". 2.5" lift looks real good with 35s, trust me I ran 33s for about a 1.5yrs and eventually got 35s. Here is a comparison shot below.

49837a8c2946dcfe0f57ad04f8f8ba95_zps8e75c76d.jpg

So if you're set on 33s maybe get a 1.5" leveling kit or run it with no lift. Otherwise you may get the "bug" like me and jump up to 35s sooner rather than later :doh:

Oscar35

33s fit with no lift. Here is a pic of my Jeep with just a 1" puck in the front to give that leveled look.

DSCN0927.jpg

As for the back spacing, you can't go wrong with choosing anywhere from 4.75-4.5-4". 2.5" lift looks real good with 35s, trust me I ran 33s for about a 1.5yrs and eventually got 35s. Here is a comparison shot below.

49837a8c2946dcfe0f57ad04f8f8ba95_zps8e75c76d.jpg

So if you're set on 33s maybe get a 1.5" leveling kit or run it with no lift. Otherwise you may get the "bug" like me and jump up to 35s sooner rather than later :doh:

Nice!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Aeraun

Here's mine with 285s Nitto Trail Grapplers. I had a Daystar leveling kit on it.

1386642064148.jpg

The Force will be with you.... always

Panda

I think 2 drs get away with 33's much better they look smaller on 4drs & if your going 33 go wide 12:50 it makes a big difference, if you are not doing the tough trails 33's will work great for you & save$
Panda on 33x12:50 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386872405.039040.jpg

Top Bottom