Rear tail light issue

jkhutchison09

My passenger rear tail light does not illuminate when the lights are on nor does the reverse light work but the brake light and blinker works just fine. I am not electrical savvy but have swapped the tail lights, checked the fuses, and looked to see if the tow harness was grounding out but that seems to be routed through the driver side light. I can get the light to work if I play with the wires on the harness that plugs into the led harness but it looks like all 4 wires are connected properly and no corrosion at the connectors. After some research is seems to be a common thing but couldn't find a thread that had a fix for my issue. I already sent in a set of tail lights thinking that it was an issue with the new light but am having the same problem. I also did not have a problem with the factory tail lights. I appreciate the help in advance!

Tcdawg

jkhutchison09 said:
I can get the light to work if I play with the wires on the harness that plugs into the led harness but it looks like all 4 wires are connected properly and no corrosion at the connectors.

I think you answered your question right here. If you can get the light to work when moving the wires around at the connector then you have either a bad wire or a bad connection. Re do each connection, one at a time. That should help.

jhires

I had the same problem with my 2013 about a week after I took delivery. There were loose pins in the harness connector for the taillight.

Top Bottom