Steering problem!

Lorenzo

I went wheeling this afternoon and I noticed that when I turn right the wheels don't fully turn therefore causing wide turns. But when I turn left it's is normal. Any ideas?

bl17z90

Your steering stabalizer mount somehow moved on the tie rod.

When you turn to the right the stabalizer is bottoming out and therefore won't let you turn all the way.

Get under it loosen the bolts that hold it to the tie rod and have a buddy turn the wheel all the way right and hold the stabalizer so that it can allow the wheel to turn without fully compressing. Then tighten it back up, and test to make sure it'll go all the way left and then you should be good.

Sent from my phone?

David1tontj

That video doesn't show where the dent would be... But you can tell that it's binding up .. Did you try removing it yet?

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Lorenzo

That video doesn't show where the dent would be... But you can tell that it's binding up .. Did you try removing it yet?

Hey man thanks guys for your help.
I removed and it drives like a charm. It will do for now haha

StrizzyChris

I really would get one on sooner rather than later. Hit a pot hole or bump in the road going 60mph without a stabilizer can throw you across lanes.

David1tontj

Hey man thanks guys for your help.
I removed and it drives like a charm. It will do for now haha

Also, most of the guys on here recommend replacing it with a stock steering stabilizer... Some aftermarket ones can cause your jeep to pull to one side, While the stock one is just right.

Rebel JK

Also, most of the guys on here recommend replacing it with a stock steering stabilizer... Some aftermarket ones can cause your jeep to pull to one side, While the stock one is just right.

Im running A fox 2.0 nitro charged ss and it works great unless its over about 105psi. Any more and it "pushes" towards driver side.

Top Bottom