Easter Jeep Safari, worth going stock?

OsiViper

I'm curious if it's worth the money to go to EJS with a stock Rubicon or if I am better off saving my money to put into mods?

Because the total for the trip will likely be over $1000.
$250 for camp site
$300 for EJS fees
At least $100 in food.
Not sure what gas total would be but I'm guessing A LOT!

I would say yes go simply because a stock Jeep, espcially a rubicon is very capable. Then when you go back after some mods you can see the difference. There are a couple of video's on youtube which has stock rubi's on the trails in Moab. If you get to some place where you think is above your skill level then take the bypass or do not go on the trail.

Just my :twocents:

OsiViper

Yea my problem is I really haven't done too much off-roading so I don't know too much of what my vehicle is capable of and would be going alone

Yea my problem is I really haven't done too much off-roading so I don't know too much of what my vehicle is capable of and would be going alone

Thing is, once you get there you definately wont be alone. Plenty of spotters and people willing to get dirty if needed:thumbup:

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

I think WAL is going to be planning a trip out there. There are a couple of other threads going on EJS so you might be able to hook up with them. In fact one member is looking for others to join in renting a house or townhouse in the area. Something to look into. You won't be going alone and get to meet up with other WAL Members.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm curious if it's worth the money to go to EJS with a stock Rubicon or if I am better off saving my money to put into mods?

Because the total for the trip will likely be over $1000.
$250 for camp site
$300 for EJS fees
At least $100 in food.
Not sure what gas total would be but I'm guessing A LOT!

If I had to pick between one or the other I'd put the $1000 towards something I could enjoy 52 weeks out of the year and not just for 1.

OsiViper

Yea but I've looked back at some of Eddies posts about EJS And it seems that their group is getting good crowded so he has certain requirements for vehicles which I won't meet sadly.

And I talked to the guy about the condo but they already reserved it. I was a day too late.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I had to pick between one or the other I'd put the $1000 towards something I could enjoy 52 weeks out of the year and not just for 1.

As much as Moab is worth going to at least once in your life, I would have to agree with this statement.

OsiViper

As much as Moab is worth going to at least once in your life, I would have to agree with this statement.

Yea would be nice to find a group going there outside of EJS. Would be much, much cheaper.

It's only about 170 miles from where I live, so it isn't that far. But I don't wanna go alone especially with minimal experience.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea would be nice to find a group going there outside of EJS. Would be much, much cheaper.

It's only about 170 miles from where I live, so it isn't that far. But I don't wanna go alone especially with minimal experience.

I know most people like the crowds and the feel of Moab during EJS but honestly, for me personally, I would really prefer to be there any time other than EJS. To that end, start a new thread about what you're wanting to do and when and I'm sure you'll find a few folks to join you. :yup:

Top Bottom