Tub armor and water

Gnmaniatis

Here's my question. I'm looking at buying the Nemesis Billy Rocker kit with the tub armor. The tub armor is attached directly to the body using nutserts. The other day, a fellow jeeper told me not to install the tub armor because there is no way to prevent water entering through the nutsert, which causes two problems. 1) permanent water in your jeeps tub 2) rust. This is the first I've heard of this.

Does anyone have any insight regarding this? And if this is true, what's the alternative?

Thanks in advance...

Army_Vet

Banned
Here's my question. I'm looking at buying the Nemesis Billy Rocker kit with the tub armor. The tub armor is attached directly to the body using nutserts. The other day, a fellow jeeper told me not to install the tub armor because there is no way to prevent water entering through the nutsert, which causes two problems. 1) permanent water in your jeeps tub 2) rust. This is the first I've heard of this.

Does anyone have any insight regarding this? And if this is true, what's the alternative?

Thanks in advance...
I don't think there is any such thing at "permanent water" in the tub, but there is always rtv sealant

Top Bottom